Nursing Bras - Any Advice?

soulvibe

Reaction score
I'm having a bit of a bra conundrum here. Was hoping someone could give me some advice. I went out shopping for a nursing bra a little while ago and, well, honestly I wasn't much impressed with the service I was given. If I had've been alone I think I would have walked out but since I was with someone who had brought me in because they wanted to pay as a gift... Yeah. Maybe I should've said something, but I was too worried about being rude.

The nursing bras came in smalls, mediums, larges, etc. I haven't been measured since January (no, this lady did not happen to take my size for me) but I estimate that I'm at least a 36F right now, maybe a bit bigger than that. The medium goes up to a 34F and it fits on me too snuggly even with the pads removed from it and at the loosest straps. But I was told this was good because I should expect to go down in size (in the ribs when I'm done being pregnant and in breast size later). That made sense so I got the medium. If I got the large, there probably wouldn't be much room for me to tighten it if I get any smaller. However, since I was not measured, and the lady did not give me a large to try on, how much room there would have been I actually do not know.

Soo.. I am now stuck with a bra that does not fit me now and evidently my other bras were FAR FAR too small on me and I cannot wear them anymore so I am still stuck in an uncomfortable, too-tight bra, and this will almost certainly not fit me when my milk comes in because I presume I'll be a little engorged for a bit. I don't know if it's worth looking just for a cheap bra that fits me properly now or maybe has a bit of room if I swell up for a while? I'm worried because, as said, I can't fit pads into this bra, which means my nipples show right through and I might have leaks when my milk is in if I don't go down by then. I hope this bra works out in the long term because there's a no-return policy on it. I'm just so confused! I have no idea how to select a bra when my breasts keep going up and down and all over the place in sizes. What should I do?

Thanks guys :flower:

Go to a reputable department store or lingerie store & get measured properly, trust me, you will not regret it! I thought that my 34dd boobs had grown to about a 36 ee, but they ended up measuring a tight 36ff & the fitter recommended I get a g cup for when my milk comes in. You will def want to buy something that has room to grow after you milk comes in, they will not likely get smaller anytime soon! Def don't stick with something that you aren't comfortable in, are you able to take it back for a refund or exchange?

Go to a reputable department store or lingerie store & get measured properly, trust me, you will not regret it! I thought that my 34dd boobs had grown to about a 36 ee, but they ended up measuring a tight 36ff & the fitter recommended I get a g cup for when my milk comes in. You will def want to buy something that has room to grow after you milk comes in, they will not likely get smaller anytime soon! Def don't stick with something that you aren't comfortable in, are you able to take it back for a refund or exchange?

Dani, there's a no-return policy, but maybe I can work something out with the owner of the shop on the basis that I was given bad service? When I last went in for a measure I was told a 34 DD. That was in January. I ended up with a 34D because they didn't have DDs in the style I wanted and I was able to fit into it OK. I weighed about 120 then. I'm now about 150. So I can only imagine how much bigger my breasts are. I just could not afford to go in and shop for new bras unfortunately because of issues with my income assistance and so I've been too tight for quite a while now. I think you're right about it maybe being worthwhile to get something else and get measured correctly! I'm just so frustrated because, like said, been stuck in something too tight for so long and finally went shopping for something new and I'm still uncomfortable! lol.

It is annoying, isn't it! Who would have thought that a bra could be such a pain in the ass!! I just wish they made them a little nicer looking (and maybe not so expensive too!).

You could get a bra extender as a quick fix like these https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_5?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=bra%20extender&sprefix=bra+e%2Caps%2C232&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abra%20extender&sepatfbtf=true&tc=1367956938162

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->