Nursing chair advice

Jewel07

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'd be really great full of some advice. We have put our nursery furniture in today (cot, changing table/chest, and wardrobe) I love it all and it's a little larger than we initially expected but still looks great! Anyway, I was going to get a nursing chair (I plan on breastfeeding) but now we have had to arrange the nursery in a different format than I initially imagined so I'm not sure where to put my chair.

Question being really - do I need one??? Did any of you have them and never really use it? Our plan is that LO will be in our room in the Moses basket first few months and I suppose I'll probably just feed baba while sat up in bed?

Any advice pls ladies!!! If I do get one now I don't want anything too bulky so any suggestions on chairs would be appreciated too. My furniture is darkish oak!

Hi, I couldn't have done without mine, the night feeds are hell and I'd have fallen asleep in bed which is dangerous, I also spent a lot if time relaxing in it whilst dd was young as it was very comfortable. My dd is almost two and up until switching rooms a couple of weeks ago, we still used it every night for reading a bedtime story and waiting for dd to drop off to sleep.

Mines a tutti bambini one

https://www.tuttibambini.co.uk/glider-chairs

I agree with Mrs-G. Mine was a godsend with DD. I had her in her own room from day one (monitor & cot sensor)and it was great to rock her off to sleep and for breast feeding. We also read to her nightly from a couple of weeks old. Ours probably wouldn't be great if space is a factor as it is really comfy and not small.

My dh swears him and his ex bought one and was the biggest waste of money ever..
However I got one and im determined to use it.. I love how comfy it is and even now iin late pregnancy I lovr sitting and rocking it ...it is in the nursery but since bubs is gonna be in a mosrs basket in the bedroom to start I may have it in here for a while..

Dh rekons it was a waste in the nursery coz u cant watch tv or anything while your bfing so u end up going in the lounge and bedroom anyway

A regular chair does just fine. Sometimes the bed is an even better place than a chair to nurse.

I will just be using my recliner chair. We have moved our bedroom into the lounge and lounge to the bed room for extra space and a fire as we are about to go into winter, I kept one of the the chairs so that I can fed and night for comfort, not to disrubt oh as he will still have to get up and work and do I dont fall as sleep with baby.. I would recommend for those reasons

We went to a second hand store and bought a used recliner. It saved me! We still use it today four years after purchase and I plan to use it to feed the next baby. Whatever you get just be sure that it offers some kind of head support for you since you will probably fall asleep in it quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->