Nursing multiples

DollPosse

Reaction score
Does anyone personal experience with nursing multiples?
What was it like and how long did you nurse your babies for?

Thank you

I don't have experience but I did a ton of research as I was originally expecting twins and it is completely doable :) there are some great YouTube videos on how to feed two at once, also if you can find a multiples support group there should be lots of ladies that can give you tips
Attending LLL meetings is also super helpful. Pretty much everyone makes too much milk in the early days so as long as the demand is there you will make plenty :)

One of my worries is that with my always low supply I run into the same issues that I had with my other children. Breast feeding was always very difficult. I'm feeling quite challenged with the idea of nursing multiples. With all the difficulties I had my husband would prefer me to formula feed, but I would not be happy.

Having support is such an important thing when it comes to bf. It's hard if your dh isn't on your side on this, maybe you could hire a lactation consultant to work with you before the birth and in the weeks after while you are establishing your supply.

I don't but one of my close friends is currently nursing her twins - they are 9 months old.
One twin had one bottle a day (expressed (usually) or formula) for 3 weeks from week 4 but then rejected bottles. The other twin never had bottles.
Each baby nurses only from one side.
You will have double the stimulation to help your supply.

She did lots of skin on skin in the early days and used to wake up the second twin and feed them together using a boppy cushion so that she wasn't trapped feeding quite as long as she would have been otherwise. She used a rugby ball hold so she could feed both at the same time.

Good luck mama :hugs:
Any little bit of breastmilk they get is fab :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->