Nursing to sleep

prettyunicorn

Reaction score
My 6 month old son nurses to sleep. During the past few days he has been fine during the day but when I try to nurse him at bedtime he fusses a lot and then shrieks. I have been rocking him to calm him down but it takes 30 minutes plus. I don't have a problem with that but it cuts into his sleep time.
He is EBF. We stopped using dummy at 2.5 months and I don't want to start again.
Is this just a phase/growth spurt? He is not feeding more often/longer. He is trying really hard to crawl and is super active during the day. He is a very happy baby and likes to babble and giggles a lot. I don't think he is teething but he likes it when I massage his gums!
I would like to this to pass soon as he gets very cranky from not sleeping well.
TIA

Have you tried letting him self-sooth? My son gets really mad if he's tired in my arms and just wants to be put down so he can flop around a few times, while whining, to find a comfortable enough spot to fall asleep. Or you could try the shushing while still touching his tummy or patting his bum? Those things really worked for us around that age.

That being said, my son has gone through stages like this before developmental milestones, and it does pass almost immediately after they can start doing that task. I think people call them wonder weeks? Anyway, I hope it passes soon for you both!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->