nutramagin and weaning

KrissyC

Reaction score
Hi ladies.

Just wondering if any of you have advice on weaning a baby with an allergy to lactose? Trying to get my head around this before we have to start in a couple of months. Any help is greatly appreciated. Xx

We've only just been prescribed this (DS is 8 months) I haven't had chance to come up with a proper meal plan yet so the last few days I've just done veg and fruit purees, baby rice with the formula mixed in with banana, and weetabix with the formula. I'm really missing cheese, it's such a staple for cooking for the boys! Will be watching this thread for meal ideas.

Hiya my lo is 21 weeks and just started weaning, early I know. Veery long story, anyhow we are on nutramigen and lactose free. Paediatrician told us to wean as normal but give lactose free yogurts etc, hold off from wheat etc till 6 months. At 1 yr don't go onto cows milk but gradually wean onto normul formula until 2. We are back to see paediatrician in 6 months so will ask again. I gave baby rice for three times, we are now on day 2 of carrot, I put some nutramigen in it. Also teetha sachets contain lactose, only realised last week, good luck.

Depends if baby is lactose or CMPI though, lactose free products have had the lactose removed but still contain the cows milk protein unfortunately.

Depends if baby is lactose or CMPI though, lactose free products have had the lactose removed but still contain the cows milk protein unfortunately.

For us it is lactose as he said I was bf and not CMPI. Hopefully my lo will grow out of it. Good luck :)

I bf my daughter and she has quite a bad cows milk protein allergy. Breastmilk has lactose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->