Nutramigen 1

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
My little man has just been prescribed Nutramigen 1 instead of aptimal. Reason being he gags/chews the teat near the end of his feed and seem to struggle sometimes. I have the Nutramigen infront of me and it says its Soya and Lactose intolerance milk...I am concerned that if I give this he may then later in life become intolerant to these things and I will have created a rod for my own back? Or does it not work like that? I'm not sure if his gagging on a teat is reason enough to give this new milk as he seems to be thriving on the aptimal. He's putting on fantastic weight gain, he goes to the toilet just fine so that's great and I'm scared to change him...

Does anyone has have any experience of this milk? Do you think I should change? I don't like to second guess recommendation but my little boy is doing so well and from just a passing comment about his chewing on the teat/gagging sometimes has lead me to a new milk!

Thanks for your advice in advance! :)

Sorry cant give you any advice...just know that I use the Nurtamigen (And the Neosure) and the smell of the Nurtamigen makes me wanna throw up. haha

My daughter (now 14) was on Nurtamigen due to allergies- however, when we weaned her off it after 1 year we put her on cows milk and she did just fine- the only allergies she has now are to pineapple (hereditary) and jalapenos (over exposure)

Thanks girls, i tried him on it and he gagged and vomitted as soon as I put it in his mouth! Poor bubba :( not nice it really smells felt so bad...Will try again but have been putting it off as he's thriving on apitmal and he's already suffered so much I hate to make him vomit because of gross milk! lol!

We were just told to do this as well due to his diarrhea and vomiting. It does smell atrocious. He seems to be okay on it though. He is also getting expressed breast milk as well, so I am hoping to avoid a total lactose intolerance later on by having him exposed to it in an easy to digest form of breast milk.

We were also told we could do a formula called Alimentum, I think. Its just too expensive to want to try.

My ds has been on it since I stopped breast feeding (he is 23 months now) they say to gradually introduce it I used to add some to my breast milk and gradually increase it each day, try do the same with the other formula until he gets used to the taste x

:hi: I shouldnt be in this section but, my Little man was prescribed this due to milk protein allergies, although it smells foul we had no problems with it *except it makes awful coloured poop :rofl:* x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->