Nuts?! replacing choc/crisps/cake

pinkish_angel

Reaction score
I have recently replaced my chocolate/crisps/cake snacks with nuts.. brazil, pistachio...

My bf made a comment last night about nuts being one of the worst things u can eat if on a diet as they contain so much natural fats.

Do you agree that I should maybe lay off the nuts? I have been eating them in huge amounts thinking they contain zero cals/fat :)wacko: = stupid me).

What do you have as snacks rather than choc/crisps/cakes?
:shrug:

Nuts do have a huge fat content they are really good for you in small portions though. If you are looking for healthy/low fat snacks how about trying some of these: a small handful of nuts, some dried fruit, fresh fruit, raw carrot, tomatoes, cucumber sticks, celery sticks with low fat soft cheese, rice cakes (personally i think they taste of cardboard though)

uh-oh better throw them nuts off my shopping list then hehe!!

Thanks for the advice.. I'll def be swapping my nuts for some of those..

urgh I hate this diet lark. Why can't I have my cake and eat it :dohh:

i have slimfast snack bars and 99cal bags of crisps, still feels like the good stuff but not so bad :shrug: im not even on slimfast anymore LOL

Nuts are healthy. There are a lot of different people who believed different things when it comes to dieting. Here is what I have found to be true for me. These are just my opinions and what I have found to be true.

It's calories in vs. Calories out. If you burn more calories than you eat you will lose weight. If you burn 2,000 calories a day and eat 1,500 calories if butter a day, you will lose weight. That being said, people who diet tend to look for things that are filling for the amount of calories they have. You would be much more filled up eating 200 calories of asparagus than 200 calories of chocolate.

To me it doesn't matter what you eat if you are trying to lose weigh as long as you stay under your BMR (Base metabolic rate AKA how much you burn)

That being said, It is healthier to eat nuts than chocolate and potato chips. Nuts most likely still have just as many calories if not more than some chips and chocolate so I can see switching to nuts as a good health choice but not as a good diet choice when trying to lose weight.

agree with the others--it really is about portion control

For my snacks I tend to eat frozen yogurt, WW cakes/cookies, or a skinny cow ice cream sandwich

Thank you Cooney.. thats a great bit of advice. I seriously need to consider more in this diet as I am obv not as prepared as I thought. Time to sit and read I think!! or maybe, time to get up and exercise would be more beneficial :)

Boothh, I think a trip to the supermarket is in order for lower calorie snacks. I saw the slimfast snack bars.. may give them a go xx

agree with the others--it really is about portion control

For my snacks I tend to eat frozen yogurt, WW cakes/cookies, or a skinny cow ice cream sandwich

I have actually just had a ginger and lemon cookie (x2) weight watchers n they are sooooo yummy :) def a good buy xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->