O/T but need advice, please read.

LeoLeah77

Mommy to Ava Rose
Reaction score
So my living situation right now isn't right. I live at home with parents still with a baby and my OH was living with us but my mother and him fell out and now he lives separately from us. :( we're desperate to move out ASAP but in our home village there isn't much choice at the moment and whatever is suitable for us is expensive. I've worked out what we earn between me and OH and worked out that with rent, sky package (sky, Inet and phone), Council tax, gas and electric and baby things and food etc we'll be left with around £500/£600 a month. Is that enough to be left with? Could you all possibly tell me what you're left with and if its enough?

If that's after you've taken off all your bills and food then I think that sounds like enough! We're living off one salary at the moment, we're probably left with about the same as you guys. Make sure you over-estimate rather than under-estimate on food etc.

If that amount is after food costs then that's good - what about transportation costs?

That's a really good amount to be left with after rent and bills etc! I'd say that's plenty :D when me and oh move out of my parents after Xmas we'll be left with a lot and i mean A LOT less than that after the necessities have been paid for. As pp said its better to over estimate than under estimate though.

I think that's a fair amount to be left with! My hubby is on a good wage, I'm only getting maternity allowance right now, but we're not left with that much. We have a car each though, so that takes some money. I'd say go for it! Agree with above poster, over estimate food though, if you don't already pay for it at your mums.

If that amount is after food costs then that's good - what about transportation costs?

Neither of us drive. I have a car which hes going to get a learners insurance on after xmas if we arent skint though!

I wish I had that spare a month! x

I wish I had that spare a month!! I don't work currently, I was hit with an illness last year that meant I had to quit my job so we lost my wage entirely.

After all our bills including a car, were left with £100 a fortnight spare on a very good fortnight or around half that on a normal fortnight.

We cope ok on that tbh. Always have food in, always have electric and the place is heated etc. so I'd say 500-600 spare a month would be no problem at all.

I just figured it out again by over estimating every out going and we'd be left with around £300 a month... Is that enough??

I'd say after absolutely everything that you need to live has been paid for, any disposable income afterwards is enough:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->