O/T Cleaning the oven......help & advice please!

lynzxx

Reaction score
Hi all, my oven needs cleaning but I'm worried about using the Mr Muscle stuff cos of the fumes. I've bought done Oven Pride (bright orange box) as my friend said it'll be ok to use but it gives all sorts of warnings about burning, fumes etc so I'm not convinced about it!!

Is there anything that's safe to use or is 'elbow grease' the only option? lol I wondered if there was anything natural that would help shift the grease!!

Thanks in advance x

You could try Stardrops. I use them for most of my cleaning with good results though haven't tried them on the oven.

Try using bicarbonate of soda mixed with water in a thick paste and putting that everywhere on the inside of the oven and then leave over night.
Should help remove all the stuff!

I wouldn't use those cleaners as they're so strong! xx

Hi all, my oven needs cleaning but I'm worried about using the Mr Muscle stuff cos of the fumes. I've bought done Oven Pride (bright orange box) as my friend said it'll be ok to use but it gives all sorts of warnings about burning, fumes etc so I'm not convinced about it!!

Is there anything that's safe to use or is 'elbow grease' the only option? lol I wondered if there was anything natural that would help shift the grease!!

Thanks in advance x

We had that Mr Muscle stuff, and I used it before I found out I was pregnant-its really strong nearly knocked me out with the fumes, so don't use it.

Can you get someone else to do it?
xx

^^WSS^^ any chance you can get someone else to do it? Those cleaners are great for the ovens but not so great for us. :dohh:

Ours really really needs doing and DH is insisting he will do it with mr Muscle stuff but of course a month later its still sitting on the side and the oven is getting worse grrrr.
He would go mental if I did it myself but I can't stand it much longer.

I bought some astonish from poundland which i might use, doesn't smell at all its in a little tub and looks like clay.
xx

i would ask oh to do it bending over scrubbling oven with your head in the fumes , can be avoided, and its a horrid job to ! even mild disenfectant affects me!:coffee:

or you could try the bicarbonate of soda??? it's great for cleaning and no horrible chemicals?

I've carried on cleaning bathrooms etc like normal but for me the oven is a no no while I'm pg, i'd ask someone else to do it definitely x

Thanks for all the replies, I'll pop to Asda in the morning & get some 'friendlier' alternatives to my nasty oven cleaner! Hmm, guess what I'll be doing tomorrow afternoon lo

My dh works away & I'm not sure I can wait till he gets home next week as its really bugging me!

I wondered about getting someone in to do it but not sure how much it'd be or whether they'd be any good. I'll try doing it myself first I think x

Bicarb Soda with some White Vinegar works a treat :) I accidentally used Mr Muscle w/out thinking around 18 weeks and had to lie down for about half an hour afterwards... really not nice!

Dittoing all the ladies who suggest a paste of bicarbonate of soda. If you can leave it overnight, it works great! Rinse with vinegar water the next day.

I used the Oven pride at a about 30 weeks. Its the best for easy cleaning, if you have all the doors and windows open and put the racks in the bag outside for a few hours the dirt just slides of with no scrubbing. I would recommend buying extra long rubber gloves as well though as the ones they provide don't go far enough up your arm.

Or you could call a man in, there are companies that can do it for you and are quite reasonably priced.

I second getting someone in to do it if it's really bad. Lots of ground in dirt and the weaker products won't touch it. OH did ours with oven pride - scary stuff ended up burning his arm and leaving a bleach mark on the slate floor, so if you do go that route put lots of paper down etc. I was most cross with him!

I use Doctor Power (in a round yellow tub); you can use it around the house, too and it's not too potent. I use a scourer and scrub it into the oven, leave it for an hour or so and then come and wipe it all off with a hot cloth. In fact, I am going to do it today!

i use doctor power too, i really ought to do my oven but im gonna get OH to do it lol i'll prep it by steaming a bowl of water in it which will start to soften everything up, need to get him to do the microwave too since i cant reach to clean that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->