O/T pork joint 1 day out of date..

xsadiex

Reaction score
When I opened the packet it smelt like farts :wacko:

I phoned my grandma and she said to wash it and if it doesn't smell any more it should be fine.

Hmm what would you do????
I don't want to waste it, was going to make a lovely roast, I'd be sad to throw it away but don't want to eat anything dangerous!

I tend to ignore dates if it's a day out, but if it does smell I wont eat it.

I wouldn't risk it, hun. xxx

I washed it and smelt it again...it smells a bit of rotting flesh I think it's going to have to go in the bin GROSS!

I don't usually pay too much attention to best before dates, unless its for LO or for me when I'm pregnant. If its stinky then its gone off whatever the best before date.

Aww, sorry about your roast, I love Pork!!! Order yourself a takeaway as a consolation!!! xxx

Bin it!!

I would have risked it being one day out if it smelt ok but any funny smell its not worth the risk. :flower:

I have to say that I am the worlds worst when it comes to dates - I would have thrown it out - even if it smelt fine - but thats me lol x

Yeah it's in the bin now, such a shame, I LOVE roasts.
OH has agreed that we can get a takeaway instead yay! Shame you can't get a roast delivered. Can't decide which takeaway to get hmm.

I swear the rotting flesh smell is in my nose, I keep smelling it again. Horrible!

Good job you binned it! Once I had a pack of pork ribs that smelt a bit dodgy but like you I didn't want to waste it so tried to cook it anyway and the stench whilst it was cooking was a 100 times worse! :sick: Sooo gross.

Good job you binned it! Once I had a pack of pork ribs that smelt a bit dodgy but like you I didn't want to waste it so tried to cook it anyway and the stench whilst it was cooking was a 100 times worse! :sick: Sooo gross.

Grosss! I once tried to fry an off egg, it was such an awful smell. Why does food have to go off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->