o/t Seriously sick of SNOW!

Mrs Dot

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Ok so I've had enough now! I still have presents to buy and things to do for bubs and I'm scared to leave the house in case I slip and fall :(

we've had about half a foot of snow and more to come tonight apparently - wish it would go away!

:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:

I no the feeling. Our second car hasnt been used since thursday - went to go out today as i've just started mat leave and OH had other car - bloody thing wont start, its completely frozen over, wont even start by being jump started.. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now i cant even get out!!!

Boo that's not good at least you were brave enough to leave the house!

I no, but I just had to. I was going mad sitting inside and I've got xmas shopping and food to buy!!

It's really bad here in Aberdeen, so much so I am in real fear of going into labour over the next couple of days as the main road to the hospital was closed for some of today. I'm overdue and no longer care if the baby comes on Christmas Day as the snow is that bad !!

Aww pie mistress!

My hubby spent two hours trying to get into Dyce from Ellon and came home again so I know how you feel. I had a extra midwife appointment today and it took us 20minutes to drive 1 mile to the health centre :haha: Although it was affy fun trying to get out of ankle deep untouched snow on a slope! :haha:

I think the snow is not the problem its the ice under the snow thats causing the problem here the roads and paths are like sheet ice. We only had a couple of CM so had post and deliveries of things i had ordered weeks ago. Husbands present turned up 1/2 missing and the other 1/2 broken. The company who sent this have appologied but have ran out of the 1/2 of the gift but are sticking the other half onto another courier tomorrow for delivery christmas eve :) so he will get something.

Mrs Dot & Glong the only thing i can suggest is to try home delivery and make sure you go out with a list as its unlikely that your going to be able to browse and you might need to ring and get gifts kept for you so that you at least know they have what you want. Saving wasted trips.

Hope you get out tomorrow.

I'm with you on this! Usually i love snow but honestly, i just wish it'd feck off :rofl:

i know how u feel! left the house had been walking for not even 5 mins and had slipped about ten times! OH had to hold me up lol! didnt risk walking after that just got lifts everywhere! and as for the ice!!

Im hating it too now. I havent left the house since the Thursday night, im going insane :wacko:. Thankfully my DH has gone out tonight and got all the last minute bits to save me braving the ice. Hes really worried about me falling over. Ah bless him :cloud9:. xx

I've not left the house since sunday, I'm slowly going insane! :wacko: The pavements round where I live are lethal though, it's just not worth it if I fall. Plus the car is snowed in, and nobody on our road has been able to get theirs moving without digging them out first! I'm keeping my fingers (and legs!!) crossed that I don't go into labour before it melts, cos I don't know how I'd get to hospital.

I managed to get out today. It was that or starve over Christmas!

We'd parked our car on the main road before the major snow started (good job as our second car is well and truly snowed in). I walked very gingerly around and OH held me up when needed. It wasn't too bad actually - although I'm now very glad to be home.

I just hope there's no more - enough is enough!

We had to go out today to the hospital and it wasn't too bad as it had started to thaw and I had to go out tonight to stop me from getting completely stir crazy! it was Cmas meal out with the ladies so dh bless him, took me to the pub to meet them, walked me to the door, the girls got me into the taxi and into the restaurant and then dh came over to the restaurant about 5 miles away to pick me up :) got home and literally 5 mins later it has started to snow really really heavily here :( hoping I'll wake up and it'll all be gone in the morning.....yeah right!

If I can't go out tomorrow I'm going to amuse myself by taking plenty of photos to show bump when they are older and regale how deep the snow was the cmas before they arrived!

well we are totally snowed in :( my car has been stuck since sunday and OH cant get his car out either,. they havent even gritted our street. so i ended up having to walk to our small co op today and did my xmas shop in there. not quite the same as asda...... i did have some things still to buy too, but its never going to happen now.

i was asked to go to day bed unit to have my blood checked too today and couldnt go as hospital is 20 miles away.... praying i dont go into labour

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->