o/t - young lads on motorbikes!

B

babydust1990

I really can't stand seeing young lads on mopeds and motorbikes wearing shorts and tshirts!! I work on trauma and orthapeadics and see so many motorbike accidents its unreal :( even in full leathers they get nasty breaks and even amputations! Let alone with little to no protection! My fella rides and I make him wear full kit, and if my son wants to ride too, then he will be forced to do the same!!

Yep and they ride like they're immortal! I saw two kids on 'peds cut up a 4x4 last week while swerving all over the road... in a contest I know which one I'd put money on to come out on top.

When I was still riding the least I wore was gloves, bike jacket, helmet, thick jeans and boots. If I was riding further I'd have the full leathers on, only sensible really. People are idiots.

xx

i totally agree!

My dads a biker and he always wears full leathers... he had an accident about 4 years ago and if he hadnt been wearing full leathers he would have been totally shredded down one side.

it should be made a legal requirement like helmets to wear full leathers!

I hate motorbikes full stop. They scare the crap out of me. When I was younger a friend of mine died at 17 year old from a motorbike accident and since them I have always been scared of them. x

Oh Jesus. They shouldn't be allowed to ride them full stop at that age.
They drive aggressively and they look like complete dicks- revving up and down the street having races. They honestly think they look incredible. :haha:
And the noise...oh the noise :ignore:

I've got more power in my hairdryer.

Not every rider rides without caution and carelessness. I lost my nephew in 2007 aged 19. We were born in the same year. But he was a resposible rider. A car backed out onto a road straight into him and he died on the spot. The girl driver was banned for a year but she chose to ignore her punishment and and drove illegally after he died. Even after that she got a suspended sentence and that was all. I wouldnt be able to get in a car let alone totally ignore the punishment she got. Now she is out there driving around like nothing ever happened whilst we lost a member of our family.
Some riders are irresponsible but so are some car drivers. We cannot tarnish everyone with the same brush. It down to the indiividual to act responsible.

Sorry for your loss, no one said all young riders are irresponsible. If you're responsible, you wear all the correct gear and not drive like a loon, I'm only moaning about the young lads I've seen driving up and down the street with no protection bar a helmet! They are the ones who give young riders a bad name xx

Aw Tickles, sorry hun :(. A friend of mine died last year on a bike. A pissed woman drove into him on the M4 and then just drove away! The police had to chase her over fields to get her to stop. She got a ban and prison time but had the gall to appeal the sentence (which was lenient anyway) stupid cow's appeal got rejected though.

Sorry I'm still so sad about that. I love motorbikes, always have, but some car drivers make it less safe by not looking or being careless, and some bikers don't help themselves. That woman deserved to be done for something far worse than death by dangerous driving :(. xx

Aw Tickles, sorry hun :(. A friend of mine died last year on a bike. A pissed woman drove into him on the M4 and then just drove away! The police had to chase her over fields to get her to stop. She got a ban and prison time but had the gall to appeal the sentence (which was lenient anyway) stupid cow's appeal got rejected though.

Sorry I'm still so sad about that. I love motorbikes, always have, but some car drivers make it less safe by not looking or being careless, and some bikers don't help themselves. That woman deserved to be done for something far worse than death by dangerous driving :(. xx

Thank you.
Sorry about your friend too :( And what a nerve!! Especially hit and run and she was trying
to appeal!
There are too many deaths on the roads and on bikes these days. I do understand alot of younger riders are just stupid on them but because they are too young to pass their test
in a car thats their only option and they are more vulnerable.

ut
I really can't stand seeing young lads on mopeds and motorbikes wearing shorts and tshirts!! I work on trauma and orthapeadics and see so many motorbike accidents its unreal :( even in full leathers they get nasty breaks and even amputations! Let alone with little to no protection! My fella rides and I make him wear full kit, and if my son wants to ride too, then he will be forced to do the same!!

There was a lad 'test driving' his friends ninja round my street the other day... Without even a helmet!!!! He was going fast on it too the idiot! My partner has a motor bike and even just nipping to the shop he puts his full gear on as its just not worth the risk!

He's only been riding a year and has already had a few cars go to pull out as he is right beside them coz people just don't use their mirrors! Xx

I agree. I guess they jsu thave the mentality that it wont happen to them! Even when it comes to the horses folk think I am mad as I always wear long sleeves!

I once work 3/4 length ones mountain biking and that was the day I fell off and took all the skin off the tops of my arms - I still have grit I can feel in there now!

I just dont get how they can think that trainers as well will protect their feet and ankles should a leg come down.....its going to be ground off

Wife of a paramedic here and sweet shit have I heard some nasty stories! :nope:
I have two sons and we are going to actively discourage them to ride motorbikes - not because I think they would be particularly dangerous riders, but because as a bike rider, your body assumes all the risk of the bad driving of all the cars on the road. The cars that have a nice big steel box protecting the body of the driver, as opposed to some leather (if that!) and a helmet.
Scary scary scary. :(

My OH and most of our friends ride motorcycles...he's even an admin on a moto forum here in Greece...unfortunately we've lost too many friends because of careless car drivers :nope: if we're going out on the bike we both wear helmets, leather jackets, gloves and boots to protect our feet and ankles....even when it's extremely hot in summer!! If we're travelling then it's full leather suits!

I too freak out when I see younger people riding their bikes without any gear on!! All of my friends who have been seriously injured or killed were wearing full protective gear :nope: I can only imagine the damage done to someone that's not dressed safely

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->