O/Tish- Sleeping tablets for me

Tudor Rose

Mummy
Reaction score
im having a very stressful time of it lately due to family problems (my side). i havent slept properly for about 2 weeks now getting as little as 2/3 hours a night and no daytime nap. im thinking of taking sleeping tablets to help me tonight as the lack of sleep is now making me physically ill. im worried that i wont hear LO wake for her night feed or be able to feed her ( im FF). ive never taken sleping tablets before but im at my wits end im desperate for sleep.

Any advice?:flower:

If your going to the gp i dont know if they will give you them with a baby or children in thee house if there isent another adult in the house. My mams GP wouldent give her any untill i turned 16. (she was a single mum)

Have you tryed none medicinal ways to help you nodd off?

My DH is in the house but i do night feeds as he works alot of hours.

If you really need them your GP should give you a light sedative. I was on sedatives for 24 months after I had T. You Won't wake up the first few nights until your body adjusts. After that you should be fine.

I used them for a while couple years back when I was adjusting from a night shift job to days and it wasn't so much the waking in the night to noise that was an issue but the getting going - feeling groggy and almost hungover all day.
That IMO was a thousand times worse than feeling shattered.
If you can I would try a non-medicinal route first, maybe some exercise in the evening if you can, tv off, reading, etc etc x

I take sleeping tablets every other night and I can still hear the babies if they wake. Maybe take turns like I do with your oh and take the tablets every other night? xxx

I used them before and they would literally put me into a dead sleep... it was wonderful, but scary as no one could wake me up without force!!

I dont use them anymore, i just think they are too powerful for me.
If your DH is in the house but unable to look after LO maybe ask for weak/light ones, not the 'knock you out for 8 hours solid' kind :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->