o2 online chat - why dont they listen to you!?!?!?!

Wriggley

Reaction score
Ergh! this really peeves me off

a few months back my mum wanted to take out a contract i went onto an o2 chat advisor and said she wants a cheap contact deal no more then £15 a month... they come back with 'we have got the PERFECT deal' - a £22 a month contract :/

tonight ive been back onto them because MIL is on a o2 contract but shes broken her phone so she needs a cheap handset. i went on the website and could see some basic android phones for £50 to £80 but i went onto the online chat to see about getting round buying the £10 paygo top up as she will be putting her contract sim in it.... they asked me what she wanted to pay for the handset so i said no more then £80... they come back with 2 phones priced at £99.99...

REALLY? do they just ignore everything you say?

I would recommend tesco, they have cheap hand sets on other networks to. My contract on tesco is £12.50 a month for 500 mins, 5000 text and 500 mb then I get extra minutes as dh with them to, his is £10 a month. If you are looking for a cheap contract next time I would highly recommend over other phone shops. They had some cheap handsets for £25 and I am sure they were unlocked for other networks

They're awful!!!

I spoke to someone and they ended up telling me I needed to go into the shop, he asked for my postcode to tell me the nearest shop, I gave it him and he ended up telling me a bunch of shops in London- I live near Birmingham!!! Was the icing on the cake :rofl:

Just so you know hun, you don't get charged for a prepay card on the o2 website, it asks you to pick a pay and go tariff, but they do not put top up on it so you only pay for the phone and you can chuck the sim away. hth.xx

i use the o2 chat alot when i need help with my bill, i find them helpful actually, i also wanted to up my tariff but asked for one no more than £30 they put my texts, mins and data up, it went from £16 plus VAT to about £22 the only thing they didn't tell me was it was £22 PLUS vat, so i assumed the £22 was including VAT my OH said i should call them and refuse to pay the VAT this month as i wasn't told, he said that's a hidden cost if they don't tell you and o2 told me they have no hidden costs. other than that i think they are great, some more than others.

they are worse on the phone, had a little trouble yesterday, OH broke his phone so we bought another and put the contract sim in, he tried to text a friend and it wouldn't send, so i called o2 she said its not the message centre as it was sending this morning, told me to try in another phone and if not working still call back, so i did and it didn't work so i called back, the guy said right go collect a sim, there's nothing else it can be. so after realizing i haven't got time to pick a sim up as shops close in 20 mins, i called again asked a lady for a new sim, she said before i do that, i will run a test, she called me on another number then did something with my phone and it worked, for me then to find out it wasn't his sim card that wasn't sending, it was his friends that wasn't receiving :dohh:

The o2 online advisor ended up getting my phone literally cut off completely because he assured me six times that payments had been made. They hadn't. I laid into the actual on the phone advisors and got a load of money off.

Their online chat is definitely crap.. they just kept telling me to reset my phone when I tried them, even when I said I'd already done that. However I stay with 02 because I can't fault them in any other way, I live in the middle of no where and it's the network with the best signal round here and my contracts have always been pretty cheap and I've had no other problems

yeah apart from their online chat service i cant fault them ive been with them since i was 11 and they were called one to one lol

yeah apart from their online chat service i cant fault them ive been with them since i was 11 and they were called one to one lol

I thought one 2 one was t mobile and BT cellnet was 02?

I can remember them being BT cellnet, think I was about 10/11 when they changed to o2 :lol::jo:

I have found 02 to be absolute crap in general. Their signal / internet is horrendous where I live (I don't even live in the middle of nowhere!). The internet was 2g.....

I have just recently swapped to EE. Much better signal & a hell of a lot cheaper.

I went on 02 chat to cancel my contract. To be fair, they did this with no problem. Didn't even try & match the deal with EE which I was surprised at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->