Obedient Wives - Last night

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
https://www.five.tv/programmes/hiddenlives/obedientwives/

Did anyone see this last night? I'd started watching something on Ch4 about twins but it was too freaky and I turned over to watch this. I had me howling with laughter.

One of my favourite lines was one wife who said "I consider myself lucky to have a husband who will leave his dirty socks on the floor" :rofl:

i missed this, i watched the twin thing instead, so weird that was!

xx

Yeah tell me about it. I decided that there was already a screw loose with those two that was unrelated to them being twins and they'd have been obssesive compulsive anyway. The whole food splitting thing was too horrendous and I just had to turn over!

yeah the food and drink was strange, altho when the twin ended up in hosptial she bringed on bread while she wasnt being watched by her sister so she clearly wanted to eat more. they both needed help, i agree it was nothing to do with being a twin.

xx

i have it recorded
kris recorded it for me saying "i need to take a leaf out of their book"
cheeky noba!

just put the kids down for a nap then im going to watch it :)

:rofl: Dionne, my OH said the same funnily enuff. He got a dirty look and a slap.

I spent that whole programme ranting at the TV. Just the idea of letting my OH choosing what haircut I should get or picking out my clothes makes my blood run cold :headspin: Why is it only ever women who have to 'surrender', why don't men ever have to do it?

it was so funny after a while, so pathetic but funny, oh my god why do women do it to them self, matty keeps telling me your happy cos you pick my dirty socks of the floor

aw, i missed it. i wanted to have a good laugh, lol. Mean i know, but oh well, they'll never know. They must have had really old fashioned parents x_x

Well sod you lot,I have been a surrended wife for years,does wonders for our marriage

Sometimes i wish i could be more like that :\ Cause i dont do enough of the little things for DH

this program was about extremes tho wasnt it? i didnt watch it, but i can guess from this..

'Subscribing to the theory that an obedient partner leads to happiness in the home, Pepita spends 24 hours a day running around after her husband. Part of her daily routine involves drawing her husband’s bath and cleaning it afterwards, dressing him and even putting toothpaste on his brush.'

that its way over the top, i treat jase to little things all teh time but there is no way id be his slave! im his wife, not his mother, and even a mother wouldnt do all that for a grown up child lol

xx

I was joking really BUTTTT.............I do lay Daves clothes out,run his bath for him and make his packed lunch,do his dinner make his snacks and do the coffees all day but this because I want to and not coz he wants it,but if I asked him to do the above for me he would too.

he aint interested in what I wear or how I wear my hair,lol so that would be no issue. But I must admit I dont swear in front of Dave or belittle him AT all as I find this disrepectful and he does make most decisions so I dont know? Is this surrendering?

I think if your happy then whatever works,works,BUT as for s.e.x he (excuse me here) can fuck right off,lol I do not a lot there........lol

I was joking really BUTTTT.............I do lay Daves clothes out,run his bath for him and make his packed lunch,do his dinner make his snacks and do the coffees all day but this because I want to and not coz he wants it,but if I asked him to do the above for me he would too.

i think thats fine! nothing wrong with that, as long as he doesnt expect it, i used to make Jases lunches, but i dont anymore, i hate making lunches with a passion, even put the kids on school dinners so i dont have to do it lol

xx

Ha ha me too i hate it (making kids packed lunches)

I get people saying I am stupid but I dont think so it makes us happy. I just wish Dave would do a night shift with baby that would be nice,lol Iam going back to work full time september so he will have to then,and guess who will be doing everything as he only works week-ends? Yup got it in one,lol

I have Daniel well trained :lol: I do all the washing mind (he does try but last time he did it he put poder in wrong bit so had to redo it).

When i'm back at work (getting too close for comfort now :cry:), he does all the cooking,cleaning, washing up, dishwasher, puts kids clothes away. We do Gabriel's packed lunch between us at the mo, but i'll do it with mine when back at work.

I never saw this, but I did see this weeks wife swap and a husband there had the same sort of thing with his wife and kids.......the men were treated like royalty, they were served dinner first and waited on hand and foot, the wife even rolled all 20 of his cigarettes for the day! DOORMAT springs to mind for me, but each to their own!

In our house, In the morning Paul gets up and does all the bottles for Alfie for the day, he will make Jades lunch too if I ask.....he phones me to make sure I am up. He doesn't expect me to do his dinner or washing and will help out with the house work too, but he HATES having to sort rooms out like for a spring clean (with me) or get things ship shape!

We have a very equal relationship and are both very capable of doing things for ourselves and eachother by choice rather than because it is expected! TBH at this moment in time, Paul does more than I do some days around the house.

Tam I told you on msn can we swap lol

Paul is fabby,Dave doesnt do things properly so I end up doing myself,ho-hum never mind

b

Gav tries to help but ends up making more of a mess tidying up than what it was before he started ... Drives me fooking NUTS!!!

I like making tea and his lunch and little things like that but doing all that is a bit OTT .... And Tam is right ... DOORMAT is the word that springs to mind!

xxx

we are pretty equal, altho at the mo im shattered so Jase is doing more,

Coby still doesnt sleep through, he is waking up with his teeth at the mo, so we take in in turns, i did last night, so tonight its Jases turn to get up to him..

I cook dinner for the kids, he will cook dinner for us
I do the clothes washing he does the dishes
i mop and clean teh bathroom, he hoovers and cleans teh kitchen (the kids polish)
i bath charlie and ethan, he baths coby

hes a great hubby, im luck to have him.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"