OCD?

Mummy2109

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone on here has OCD? I think I have it and have had it for years but I'm too scared to seek help

I was just wondering if anyone on here has OCD? I think I have it and have had it for years but I'm too scared to seek help

Hey hun

I was just about to post a thread saying the same thing. I have not gone to doctors to get diagnosed but I am over 100% sure I defo have it. My whole family knows and my poor hubby has to live with me and my OCD. I am really worried that it will spiral when I'm preggo (currently TTC), it gets worse nearer my AF and when I'm stressed, it's actually part of my PMS symptoms! I am also scared of my children having it.

It's best to get help hun, you should defo get a therapist, it's soooo much easier to talk to someone who's not a friend or family member about it. This is because some things that seem worrying and abit embarrasing to you will be perfectly normal to the therapist allowing you to let it all out and relax. Don't suffer in silence, I intend to get help once I fall preggo, I am very scared of it developing into depression or something else so I'm not taking any chances. The mre support you have the better. I have a book on it and if you leave it too long it can develop into something worse like tics or terrets (spelling?), so you must tell someone who will support you with it. Also there are a tone of books out there, these really help you to feel less alone and less worried as most people really don't realise they are very similar. It's a real thing and it can be cured no matter what doctors tell you. Relaxation is the best key (lots of massage and lavender oil!) and maybe you should try cognitive behavior therpy... google it. And chamomile tea is great for relaxation too, I use it instead of headache pills.

So glad I found someone who also has it on here,

Let me know how things go... and don't be scared, I completely understand how you feel... OCD is a monster that lives in your head... it makes you scared to admit it's really there... we can beat it!!!!

Always here if you wanna chat

Wannabeam :hugs:

I have it but it's not a big deal to me, I think I have a mild case although I know some cases can be serious. The only thing that it affects about me is I have to check everything I do atleast 8 times before I am satisfied that I did it correctly or whatever. Like when I am cooking and I am done, I have to check the stove/oven 8 times to be sure it is off or I just don't believe I turned it off. Sometimes if I leave the house, I have to turn around and come back to check again. I also do it with locking the door when I leave... I lock the door, go outside and pull it shut then I try and twist the handle 8 times to make sure it does not turn. I also do it when I lock my car... I have to walk around pulling every handle on the car eight times total to feel certain it is actually locked.

OCD is soooo common but it is much easier to treat if it is caught early so please seek help.

Symptoms are Obsessive thoughts (the O) which create extreme anxiety about bad things that might happen, COMBINED with Compulsive behaviours (the C) which are the only way that the anxiety is relieved (temporarily). Over time the compulsions become so automatic that it is often hard to pick out what obsessive thought they are trying to relieve.

CBT can help as can medication, often they are used along side each other.

I have OCD and mine was quite bad last year!!! Mine has been there since I was about 10 years old combined with trichotillamania! It took me years to get diagnosed and they kept saying it was stress with school etc! Even after I was washing my hands 50-60 times a day! If you have any questions feel free to inbox me xxx

I have OCD and mine was quite bad last year!!! Mine has been there since I was about 10 years old combined with trichotillamania! It took me years to get diagnosed and they kept saying it was stress with school etc! Even after I was washing my hands 50-60 times a day! If you have any questions feel free to inbox me xxx

That's exactly how I was! My hands were bleeding and sore... mine was related to stress at school, made it ten times worse. Finally able to control that now, and I notice when I'm stressed... just a glance at my knuckles says it all.

I have severe OCD it affects my life on a daily basis I had it when my mum and dad split up when I was 8 but it was a different type I would wash my hands upto 100 times a day and if I walked past cat or dog poo even though I hadnt touched it I would immediately have to was my hands several times before I was satisfied they where clean also would clean my bedroom 4 times daily with antibacterial spray terrified of germs I went to a physologist sorry not sure if thats spelt right and it got slightly better although I believe it has still been there just not as bad. Anyway I got it back worse when I was 17 and never got help believed I could control it how wrong was I this time its checking thats affecting me. I check the cooker and plug sockets are off at least 100 times a day I checked doors are locked at least 100 times a day, I spend half my day checking things, I check wardrobes terrified someones hiding in there I check under my bed I check bedcovers making sure theres no bugs or spiders under the bedsheets. Its even simple things like having the tv on I have to have the volume on an even number it sounds silly andto some people laughable but its a serious problem I have. I have panic attacks leaving the house I check the door several times to make sure its locked I bang the handle at least 20 times then will leave to go out the gate end up coming back to check it again. I know I need to get help now its getting really really bad and my son is going to start to pick up on my obssesive behaviour. I am too scared worried that social work will get involved and take my son off me. Im also embarrassed to tell a doctor worried he will think im a nut job. Just wanted to say that you can chat to me anytime if you like I know what its like to go through it its horrible, there is also a special forum on here for OCD sufferers xx

I know I need to get help now its getting really really bad and my son is going to start to pick up on my obssesive behaviour. I am too scared worried that social work will get involved and take my son off me. Im also embarrassed to tell a doctor worried he will think im a nut job.

SS will not take your child off you because of this. In fact there is no reason you would even be on their radar - Doctors don't routinely make referrals to them just because there is a (very common) mental health issue involved. Plus the doc wont think you are a nut job as he/she will have heard it all before and even read text books describing exactly what you have mentioned here!

It's not too bad, my OCD keeps the house clean. I've got it under control some, I used to wipe the counters, sweep, vacuum, mop, and dust 3 or 4 times a day and now I've got it down to one, sometimes two times a day. I also used to get up in the middle of the night to clean, even though everything was already clean! It started when I was 13 as a stress relief but then the cleaning gave me stress because in a house with 3 other siblings and two parents who didn't mind clutter or dirty dishes piling in the sink or on the counters it made it hard for things to stay clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->