odd question...

ShelbyLee

Momma to Little Shiah
Reaction score
I came down with a sinus infection last night,, and there is no way anyone can keep me from my baby (all the time).

I am afraid that if she gets it she wont be able to breathe because of the stuffy/runny nose..

soo when do babies start to breathe through there mouths?

I have no idea, but...

We all had colds and coughs and Finn ended up with a stuffy nose. We relied on a vaporizer in the bed room at night and saline drops all day and night. He did well with the combination of those two.

Me and LO often share cold's :lol:
i'm with him 24-7 so he had a bug, i got the bug!

Im not sure when they start to breath through there mouths but im sure she'll be fine, try and get some nose drops, not sure what kind of products they sell where you are though.

do they not from the beginning?

I'm not sure about the breathing through the mouth but right after I delivered Tori I was slammed by a nasty virus, it was awful but I was forced to be around her all the time but she never got sick, it was strange.

if she gets a stuffy nose, dont worry. they just snore alot ;) Archie was poorly from day 1. after one illness he had about 2 days break, then BAM!!! he got another illness. He caught a cold from me, and he managed ok. Put some baby vapor rub on the soles of her feet & chest if she gets poorly xx

Adelaide breathes from her mouth now as her nose is stuffed up lately :flower:

if she gets a stuffy nose, dont worry. they just snore alot ;) Archie was poorly from day 1. after one illness he had about 2 days break, then BAM!!! he got another illness. He caught a cold from me, and he managed ok. Put some baby vapor rub on the soles of her feet & chest if she gets poorly xx

How come on the soles of the feet? xx

It works its way up through the body :). I didnt know untill my mum told me. xx

I'm sure my HV told me it was 6 months that they learn to breathe through their mouths.

you know, Iv had hundreds of colds and Amari hasnt had a single one :wacko: I wouldnt worry too much hun, Keep some karvol at hand but she will be fine :flower:

I asked the pedatrition today about it and she pretty much laughed in my face.. she said that if you plug her nose then she will breathe through her mouth..

soo what do you know.. the internet isnt always right. =)

It works its way up through the body :). I didnt know untill my mum told me. xx

Oooh, interesting, thanks! xx

I havent tried it on Archie, but my sister in law puts it on her little boys feet. So does my aunty.

And your welcome. People learn a new thing everyday
xx

And i always thought babies couldnt breath through through their mouth at first "/ xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->