Odor after giving birth (TMI)

sweetcheeks85

Reaction score
So its been 6 weeks since giving birth to my LO, however I feel like I am really smelly down below no matter how many times I wash a day. I wouldnt say ive got alot of discharge or anything and no pain or itching. Ive got my 6 week appt on tuesday and will ask to have a swab taken incase of infection but I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar postpartum??

I had this about for a few days about a week ago. No extrapain or itchiness and i was washing myself constantly to try and get rid. It freshened me up for about half hour before it got smelly again. Was gonna go to the GP but then it stopped about 5 days after it started so iv got no idea what or why but maybe itll stop for u?
Deff bring it up with ur GP tho, and lemme no wats said pls? V interested to know wth happened? lol

You could be washing too much...you can wash away the 'good' bacteria that is good for the vagina which causes an imbalance. Try washing with plain water for a few days see if that helps, heavily perfumed soaps are too harsh..seen it on embarrasing bodies x

I have this but without being grim I've always removed all the hair down there and now I don't get time so I'm not sure if it's a bit of bladder leakage or bit of discharge or whatever that's lingering cos it's in the hair which is causing it to smell whereas before I didn't? I also seem to sweat a lot more now so don't know if that's anything to do with it - the joys of hormones!

Hmmmm I know wat ure saying Kitten, I find I sweat more than usual now too!! Damn hormones :growlmad:

I have been avoiding heavily perfumed soaps etc and have been using femfresh. I will definetly have a word with the GP about it though as it is really getting me down!!

I've had exactly the same thing. Felt like I could smell myself all the time. I went to the docs, had 2 courses of antobiotics and a scan and nothing untoward was found. After all that I even bought some tena lady because I thought it might be from a leaky bladder but that wasn't it! I then had a bit of an exploratory mission after a shower to see if it smelled inside (sorry tmi!!!) and it did:sick:. But OH says he can't smell anything (yes I did get him to check, we're pretty close like that!) and I started to feel like I was getting a bit obsessed with the whole thing so I have tried to stop worrying about it and it doens't seem as bad! All very wierd! Let us know how you get on at the docs though am interested to know if its just something we have to live with!

Oh and if its not an embarrasssing enough problem, I texted my mum about how I was going to the doctor as I stopped bleeding but now had "smelly discharge" and thought I might have an infection and accidentally texted it to some random guy I barely know and haven't seen for 5 years:blush::blush::blush:!!!! Hows that for baby brain... hideously embarrassing, infact I was so mebarrassed I wasn't actually embarrassed iykwim! just had to see the total comedy value of it :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Ive had a swab taken and should get the results today! The doc said smell is a funny thing and it could be that I think I smell when infact I dont, basically once the smell is in ure nose thats it. She also said to avoid using anything apart from water to clean down there :wacko:

i had this, turned out i had an infection and had antibiotics which sorted it all out. hope you get it sorted!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->