Of course you had a section, there's no WAAAAY you'd be able to give birth..

mightyspu

No life since Aug 2009...
Reaction score
I have recently been told (by someone who has never had a baby) that having a large baby vaginally will cause my hips to dislocate :dohh: And that the reason why I had an (unplanned) section with Jack was because he was big!! (9lb6oz)

Anyone else been given random reasons from non professionals as to why their sections were necessary?

yep i get it all the time of ur unable to have kids normally bla bla bla god u want to hear people now when i say im planning for a natural after 2 sections lol

I do love how chartered accountants etc seem to think they are qualified obstetricians!

I hear this comment all the time because im small and my baby was 9lb 3! so frustrating!

I was told I just wanted the easy way out. I did AWFUL after my surgery and cried for months bevause I felt like less of a woman! :( My daughters cord was so short she was breech, and with how short it was she would have cut off all blood supply from the cord. Now I am selfish for wanting a vbac, I just cant win. Dont let them get to you!

There are always far more people willing to judge your parenting and birth than there are those willing to accept and applaud it.

I'm just worried that I'll get depressed if I don't get a VBAC this time. I know that the doctors and mws will ensure baby gets here the safest route possible. Bah, I just want May to get here so I can crack on with it!

Hmm so my friend who gave birth vaginally to her 10lb 10oz baby had dislocated hips did she? Well she was doing well walking around when I saw her 2 days after birth. Your friend is talking shite!

Must've done :haha: yeah, I know she was talking shite. My consultant would have warned me if it was the case! I told her that my hips displace naturally anyway so I should be fine.....

I had my son 3 years ago. I went through 21 hours of labor. 3 hours of pushing, and he was not coming out. Had a c section, which was a good thing because he wasn't breathing. I had someone say a few weeks later....oh, you did it the easy way. I really wish they knew. I can't say to much, because I will never deliver vaginally but I don't think a c setion is easy by any standards!

I was about 15 weeks pregnant with my first and my SIL who was pregnant but didn't know it at the time (and she was blistered drunk too) told me that when I go to give birth my hips would dislocate and break themselves :dohh:

i didn't even have any hip pain my whole pregnancy because my hips were already so wide naturally.

And now I've been diagnosed as having gestational diabetes, I have an increased chance of another section if he's big..... I still have a chance at a VBAC, but hey I'd challenge anyone to try and give birth to a huge shouldered baby.....

ooohh yes!!
everybody seems to think that a c-section is the easy way out, the non-painful way to give birth. Especially those who never went through an emergency c/s!
one of the midwives i talked to during my 18hrs of labour told be that i was too little to give birth naturally and that the baby was too big and thats why i didnt dilate enough to give birth vaginally. now i am convinced i didnt dilate because too many ppl around me kept on saying i couldnt do it on my own... :o(
ps: i was induced tho, which i believe is another of the reasons i eventually got a c/s.

I didn't dilate either, but I was put on the drip after my contractions stopped, so I don't think that helped me either :)

mightyspu, are you trying a vbac this time?

Yes hopefully, but I also have GD, so I may be induced at 39 weeks. Am feeling very determined though :D do you think you will go for a VBAC?

That'd be my dream! C-section left me too many insecurities and paranoias which I hope I'll be able to win through a vbac. Right now my new paranoia is: c/s has reduced my fertility. Of course I have no real reason to actually think my fertility is in any way reduced but when it comes to that i'm totally illogical.
Well, I really hope you can succeed in what you desire this time around!
xxx

sorry again, did they explain to you why you didn't dilate? were you induced the first time or did your labour start on its own? Just wondering bc, in my case, they just didn't give me any reasonable explanation as to why i didn't dilate more than 5 cm after 18 hours... *sigh*

There is no logic to our worries is there? If it helps, I conceived on cycle 2 of ttc #2, 13 months after my section :D Spent quite a while in shock at how quickly it had been, was expecting to ttc for much longer!

My mum is 4ft 11, weighted 90lbs and gave birth to four children weighing in at between 9lb4 and 10lb9 (though not at same time!) She has wide hips, didn't dislocate any hips and didn't require any stitches, no tears and only used gas and air.

Me on the other hand - 2 x c-sections, 1 elective turned emergency and 1 elective.

I have taught manual handling to midwives and they have me well schooled in labour positions (not that I ever used them). If you have problems with hips or supra pubic dysfunction then giving birth on your back with feet in stirrups or pulling legs up towards you when pushing is an absolute no-no. For these people kneeling or standing facing back of bed is much better and causes less residual pain.

I do depise people who assume you are too posh to push or just incapable to giving birth naturally.

My mum is 4ft 11, weighted 90lbs and gave birth to four children weighing in at between 9lb4 and 10lb9 (though not at same time!) She has wide hips, didn't dislocate any hips and didn't require any stitches, no tears and only used gas and air.

Me on the other hand - 2 x c-sections, 1 elective turned emergency and 1 elective.

I have taught manual handling to midwives and they have me well schooled in labour positions (not that I ever used them). If you have problems with hips or supra pubic dysfunction then giving birth on your back with feet in stirrups or pulling legs up towards you when pushing is an absolute no-no. For these people kneeling or standing facing back of bed is much better and causes less residual pain.

I do depise people who assume you are too posh to push or just incapable to giving birth naturally.

Congratulations on your :bfp:!

I was born with displaced hips, all is resolved now, however I have been left with reduced mobility and would not be able to pull my left leg up towards me. Thanks for this point, will put it in my birth plan! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->