Of course you had a section, there's no WAAAAY you'd be able to give birth..

sorry again, did they explain to you why you didn't dilate? were you induced the first time or did your labour start on its own? Just wondering bc, in my case, they just didn't give me any reasonable explanation as to why i didn't dilate more than 5 cm after 18 hours... *sigh*

Sorry, I missed your post!

I have since seen a consultant and they said there was no reason as to why I couldn't get further than 4cms. It's not a condition per se, and I have 70% chance of delivering vaginally in the future, although I expect that figure has decreased slightly due to my GD. I hate the uncertainty though. If I need a section for the safety of me and my baby, then so be it. But I think I would like to know beforehand so I can start to get over the loss of the VBAC. I have another growth scan at 35 weeks to see how lo is doing sizewise.

Sections are most definitely not an easy way out!

I am hoping to VBAC this time but I have received many stupid comments from people regarding my ability to give birth. I even had a doula who has never given birth herself try and tell me that because of my previous section I will most likely not give birth vaginally because I had "let" myself have a section before. That is complete BS! I can't stand how some have this idea that if you have a c section that you some how brought it on yourself or that it happened because you are not made for having children. That mindset needs to take a hike.

Now I'm confused.
I've read this article recently on a research they made in an Australian University where they claim it is safer for mother and baby to have another c/s after the first one because it drastically reduces risks of death for both of them.
Well, I've been reading tons of studies that affirm the exact opposite so now I'm really confused. What do you think about it?
Here's the link to the article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17353803

The article basically says that there is a small risk of womb rupture or stillbirth, however it doesn't state whether the stillbirths were as a result of the VBAC or not. I expect the medical paper itself has details, but it certainly doesn't say that elective section drastically reduces the risk of complications.

It does recommend discussing your options with your mw, and in the UK if you have had a previous section you are put under consultant care where you wil discuss your options. My obstetrician met with me around 20 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->