Office Wear

maaybe2010

ICSI: DR - December <3
Reaction score
I start a work placement soon and have NEVER worked in an office so would like some ideas of outfits to wear (and buy!!) O:)

Since it's only a placement and I literally don't have a penny to spare atm I would perfer to get them from somewhere cheap, although not Primark cheap unless they're good quality :thumbup:

:hugs: :kiss:

Ooh yeah never thought about Matalan, there's one up the road as well :thumbup:

I love this https://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Tail...9&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Red/Black but I'm not paying out for it until I get a paid job. . .
Dunno if it would suit me though, it's knee length and I'm only '5"1/2

:flower: x x x x

newlook are good there trousers are reasonabaly priced and they have skirts, blouses too xx

Is it a kind of place that they wear suits or more casual do you know? Try to find out before you start as it can get costly I know...

When I was looking for a job I spent an absolute fortune on suity kind of stuff and then went for interview at the job I work for now - I was all done up in my suit n the girl interviewing me was in jeans and t-shirt lol. It's a very casual place its a clothing manufacturer so we all tend to wear the company label but all casual. First office I've ever been able to wear flip flops in lol.

Anyway sorry for rambling but just see what the others wear if you can

Good luck with the placement xxx

Love asos and thats really pretty ^^

I think New Look is good for office wear

xx

Is it a kind of place that they wear suits or more casual do you know? Try to find out before you start as it can get costly I know...

When I was looking for a job I spent an absolute fortune on suity kind of stuff and then went for interview at the job I work for now - I was all done up in my suit n the girl interviewing me was in jeans and t-shirt lol. It's a very casual place its a clothing manufacturer so we all tend to wear the company label but all casual. First office I've ever been able to wear flip flops in lol.

Anyway sorry for rambling but just see what the others wear if you can

Good luck with the placement xxx

OH works there and wears trousers and a shirt and tie, I always see people from there in suits but he says that most of the women don't make much of an effort. . . but there's no one my age there so he can't really say iykwim. . . O:)

Against my better judgement he made me check out the stuff in primark (I hope I'm not sounding like a snob here I love Primark for everyday leggings and tops but just a bit iffy for work clothes) and I actually came away with some decent stuff, two 2 in 1 dress (look like a blouse and a skirt), some nice fahionable trousers and a skirt with braces (that one sounds digusting! :haha:).

I might take some pictures, see what you all think :thumbup:

x x x x x x x

Smart trousers and a blouse or smart tee shirt with a scoop necked cardie.
Not a lot of offices expect suits these days, or even smart jackets.
I wouldn't wear leggings or any material that looks like denim.
Stuff thats too sheer or low cut can alway raise a few eyebrows! :)
Have you asked at the interview what they expect?
If its a bank or somewhere where you have lots of visitors or have contact with general public then a dress code may be in place.
You can get smart stuff, even cheap suits in New Look, Primark, and even Next and M&S do a budget range now.
I love the stuff that you can just bung straight into the washing machine.
Cheapest pair of smart trousers can be around £12, get a few different coloured tops to brighten up your day. The blouses with the stitched on tank top look is what I go for.
Oh and flats are a must in an office if you are going to be up and down on your feet all day! :)

peacocks usually have cheap smart clothes. They have some black trousers for £9 at the moment :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->