Officially diagnosed with ppd! :(

cbass929

Mommy of 3 <3
Reaction score
So I had my 6 week pp check up yesterday. And was diagnosed with postpartum depression. Ugh it kind of hurts to say that ...
A little over a week ago I went to my ob because I just couldn't handle myself anymore. I was crying all the time, overwhelmed, restless, getting little to no sleep even when lo would sleep, I felt alone, and like everything was my fault along with other things. I never have had any bad thought about my baby or really myself. But my ob just thought maybe it was the baby blues gave my a months worth sample of Viibryd which is a antidepressant.
So I'm on day 12 right now, you start out the first week at 10mg then the second week goes up to 20 mg and then you go to 40 mg and that's what you stick to. So far it has helped me a lot. I'm not completely better but it's helps.
I had to take a ppd survey at my appointment and I scored a 15, she said my official diagnoses was postpartum depression! She also highly highly suggest I see a councilor but worried that night be a bit far and not sure I will go through with that or not. Although with everything I have been through in my life I do think I could definitely use it...
Pointless thread really just can't believe it ...

Am I alone?
Does it get better?

I had pnd with my son. I only just came off anti depressants around 5-6 months ago, and my son turns 2 in April.

You are not alone, and its fantastic that you have spoken to ur doc so soon after the birth as my pnd went undiagnosed for 10 months. It wasn't fun.

It gets better, things become more bearable. I eventually took myself off the anti depressants and I am now fine, infact I am really good.

I am now pregnant again and am a little scared how the pnd will have an effect on this pregnancy. If at all.

Accept the counselling if you can I think it'll be beneficial.

Good luck and I hope you start to feel better soon. X

Hey girl, I'm just lurking around and saw this.. I'm sorry to hear you're having some troubles... I'm thinking about ya, waiting to join you! Always p.m. Me if you just want to rant or whatever! :hugs:

I got diagnosed with ppd today too :(

Its a terrible feeling. Been feeling this way since the hospital stay. Was able to cope with it but since the weekend, each day has gotten worse. To a point where i dont even wanna take care of my baby, no connection, guilt, and feeling regret. Been crying soo much the last few days. Finally asked for help today from my OH's stepmom today and went to the doc. Was writing down everythin ive been feeling and once i saw the doc i started crying so he asked to read what i weote since i couldnt really talk and he knew instantly what was wrong.

I got prescribed pristiq and will be taking 50mg a day for 2 weeks and will see him again to see how its working and how im doing and if all is well, will be on it for probably about 6 months.

At leas now i can tell myself that i should be better soon.

Big hugs for u cuz i know what ur going thru. Its such a difficult time, dodnt expect this at all. I just want to enjoy mikaela but cant and feels like i wont get better. Lets get thru this together! xxx

I can't say when things will improve or if you'll ever feel 100% again but for me, I'm so glad that I got help. PPD is still a struggle and I do have to take meds but things have improved and I'm grateful that I can breathe again. It takes time, and a lot of living in the moment, not focusing on the future but just looking at getting through each day and finding things that make life with my LO easier. You are not alone, and it does get better in time. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->