Officially in 3rd tri today but sad news

Babo

Expecting first baby boy!
Reaction score
Okay so it's not really pregnancy related but have just logged on to my Facebook today and found out that my friend has just had to have her horse put to sleep. She has only just found out that she was going to have to retire the horse and never ride her again due to medical issues (the horses) so was already devastated. But her silver lining had been at least she'd still have her beautiful girl.

Think it's the hormones combined with not being able to do much with my own horse at the moment but I could just sob. My heart is broken for her and to make it worse her other half is away this weekend so I know she's on her own.

She's only round the corner so do I drop in and see her or do you think I'd only make it worse, especially if I end up blubbing too?? I know that when I lost my mum I got really annoyed at people crying cos it was like it's my pain not theirs.

Such a sad day for her. The horse was only 8 years old. :cry:

Sorry to hear about your friends horse, I lost one of mine in similar circumstances, she was looking at early retirement but then took the decision out of my hands and had to be PTS immediately. She was my horse of a lifetime and I miss her dearly, nearly 3 years on.
I think your friend would appreciate some company and a shoulder to cry on, especially since she's on her own at the moment. There are some beautiful poems, have a look online at the Rainbow Bridge poems etc, that might bring some comfort to your friend.

Congratulations though, on reaching third trimester, how are you finding pregnancy and horses? I've found it to be a struggle, but doable with help from my husband!

Sorry to hear about your friends horse, I lost one of mine in similar circumstances, she was looking at early retirement but then took the decision out of my hands and had to be PTS immediately. She was my horse of a lifetime and I miss her dearly, nearly 3 years on.
I think your friend would appreciate some company and a shoulder to cry on, especially since she's on her own at the moment. There are some beautiful poems, have a look online at the Rainbow Bridge poems etc, that might bring some comfort to your friend.

Congratulations though, on reaching third trimester, how are you finding pregnancy and horses? I've found it to be a struggle, but doable with help from my husband!

Hiya, I have just gotten back from her house. She was very grateful for someone to be there. We had a chinese takeaway and sat watching this year's Badminton! It's funny that you say about yours that she was your horse of a lifetime, that's exactly how my friend described hers. :hugs:

I have been kind of lucky in the sense that my horse wasn't in work anyway due to him causing me a rather significant knee injury last year so we've not been friends lately! :haha: But hubby has been great, he is very much anti-horses but is willing to come up and do the crappy stuff so all i have to do is catch my neddy in. It's felt like the longest winter ever with the crappy weather we've had so I've been so happy now pony is finally living out. I'm advertising for someone to take him on loan now as well cos I want him to start getting out again. But I will have him back!

God yes, so much easier now mine are out 24/7 - although I do have to watch the shetti on the grass!
I hope your friend is doing OK, its horrible to lose your best horse :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->