OH and Anti-natal visits??

charliebear

Mum to AJ & Pumpkin
Reaction score
OH has been able to get time off so far for scans (been given time off) and midwife appointments are lunchtime ish so has been taking dinner break to attend.

Problem: OH is going on nightshift from next week, i have booked on to Anti-natal classes but they are night time!!! (only ones available!!)
So wouldnt get back from classes till 8.30pm and he starts work at 8pm??

Is he entitled to time off (gonna ask work if he can start later) or is it just the mam???

Thanks all. x

Sorry I don't know the answer but hope he can go with you x

yes he is :)

my OH works nights and still gets 4 hours off at night due to daytime appointments!!

He starts at 10pm and comes home at 2am :)

So Im 100% positive if they clash then he will get PAID time off!!

My husband doesnt get paid time off to come with me-but has flexi time so he can make it back up. Its getting tricky now, as he's got a big project come up at work and has loads of site meetings etc so has had to get around some people and hope they understand. He's made it clear hes going with me anyway!

Ive had quite a lot of midwife appointments as well as scans and seeing the consultant.

keely.

I'm not sure if the father has rights to this time off though of course companies will have their own policies. There are rights to parental leave though this doesn't have to be paid and I don't know if it counts before baby has been born or not.

Im not sure if its law ... i think it depends on the companies policies!!

Time off for antenatal appointments

Fathers do not have a legal right to time off to accompany their partners to antenatal appointments as the right to paid time off only applies to pregnant employees. However, many companies recognise how important a time this is and let their employees either take paid time off or make up the time later.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Parents/Moneyandworkentitlements/Parentalleaveandpay/DG_10029398

I think thats the same approach my company has ... they let OH have time off with me for appointments paid as they know its important and it would mean me having twice as long off work, having to go home get a car blah blah .. its easier just to let him take me

david works nights so I really didnt think he would ever get time off!!! He hasnt taken the p*ss at all though but on days where we have appointments at like midday he needs to be able to sleep so they let him come home at 2 am :)!!

Last week...
he had sun night off... in mon-fri
Mon- midwife
Tues- antenatel class
wed- bloods with nurse!!
So tues night he went in and said the above and that he had to get up for 10.30am for my blood tests... "no problem" was the response!!
He takes a signed letter to proove Ive been there but he gets it paid :):)

Thats good of them .. ive heard Asda are quite good on looking after their staff actually!!

Thats good of them .. ive heard Asda are quite good on looking after their staff actually!!

debateable lol..... :) they are proving themselves to me now....

but a few years ago.. when i worked there....

my OH was playing football for them and broke his leg!!! They handled it soo soo bad!!! :hissy: I left because of some of the people there!!

Well Oh isnt allowed to go to take time for anti-natal!! Even though its half an hour at the beginning of his shift :hissy:
So he'll leave anti-natal 20 mins early and i'll have to get a taxi back to work!! x

gosh that seems really really unfair!! Has he explained that it means his pregnant OH will have to get a taxi!!

Are they really allowed to refuse the time off?? I understand he may not get it paid but still!!

I would contact citizens advice hun!!

gosh that seems really really unfair!! Has he explained that it means his pregnant OH will have to get a taxi!!

Are they really allowed to refuse the time off?? I understand he may not get it paid but still!!

I would contact citizens advice hun!!

I know, i'm really p***ed off!!!

Thought it would be nice to ask OH's DD (she's 19) if she would like to come along, for company and support and she lives quite near, so would be able to keep me company during labour if OH was at work (till he got back). Bonding and all but she's on holl's!!!

The pieces of the puzzle just arn't fitting together!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"