oh HELP, AF then bfp?!

callmedan

Reaction score
ok totally freaking out here so please excuse me if this is long and rambly and doesnt make much sense!

i came off the bcp 14th Aug got my withdrawal bleed 17th Aug and we started TTC
used opks & temped and ovulated cd24 (weds 16th sept) tested saturday just gone at 9dpo with fmu and got bfn, later that day AF started (TMI TMI TMI) starting brown and turning red, not heavy as such but bad enough to sort of drip out of me on the toilet (im sorry toooo much info!) it was about medium flow saturday & sunday and this morning so i have been using tampons
about 10am today it stopped and as i had a high temp this morning i decided to test
tested twice tonight with different urines and to my shock 2 bfps! however still having light but red bleeding
im so worried and confused, what is going on?
can anyone please help?
thanks xx

Hehe Congrats hun
It's not common, but there are plenty of ladies that have had medium or heavy bleeds and still had successful BFPs.
I wouls schedule a Dr appt ASAP, but also make sure your lines are maintaining darkness and/or getting darker till then!
It's hard to describe, but the embryo secretes chems to erode the uterine wall and dig in ( sometimes implant bleed happens here). The body will heal and stop the bleeds, but sometimes it takes a few days.
Anyhoo- there are chemical signals sent out to prevent the tissue where the emby digs in from shedding with AF, so it is poss to have a moderate bleed and not have that particular area be affected.
FX and :dust:

Hi there, I hate being the bearer of bad news but if u truly had a medium flow period then u are most likely not pregnant. U may have had a chemical pregnancy.
Sorry love :-(

Some women can have "AFs" all through out the pregnancy.

"You can't have your menstrual period while you're pregnant. Some women do have vaginal bleeding during pregnancy. Some even report intermittent bleeding that seems like a regular period to them. But vaginal bleeding during pregnancy is not the same thing as menstruation."
https://www.babycenter.com/404_can-you-get-your-period-while-youre-pregnant_7102.bc heres a link xx

Good luck hun <3

with my first son I bleed the entire pregnancy. Id just wait a few days and test again. if after bleeding stops and you still get a strong + .. that would be a good sign.

I'm going through a similar situation. I had a mmc in July and had negative hpts as soon as I stopped bleeding from my miscarriage. Fast forward to my last AF which was really weird. I had pregnancy symptoms ever since that week of bleeding with nausea every morning making me think I was already pregnant but I kept telling myself "I can't be! I just had a period!" I've been using opks which have been negative except for 2 days in the middle of my cycle when I had an unusual bleed so I'm taking it that I'm not already pregnant. When I'm pregnant, even my opks stay dark. Still, I'd be curious to know if you end up being preggers even after having a period because I wondered if this was possible, especially all the weird symptoms I've been having. Keep us posted if you go to the doc!

I've had weird symptoms and was convinced I was pregnant! But today, late, it appears af has shown but it's much lighter than my normal af and no clotting? Wondering if this is the same for me, I haven't had any af cramps either.

My bbs are sore, which they never are, stretching in my uterus, nausea, sense of smell, headaches, ugh so many symptoms that my brain isn't convinced I'm not. I guess I'll test tomorrow

Did you have clots in your blood?

Some women experience light bleeding during the time of AF. But as someone mentioned before, it should be enough to drip into a toilet. I would ask your doctor and notify them right away about what is going on.

Thanks for all your responses!
Yeah my first reaction was thinking it was chemical but I'm not that clued up on when tests go negative for those
I've done an IC this morning which I do think is a little fainter than last nights and a FRER which has a thin pink line on it, going to wait 2 days then take another FRER (that's gonna drive me insane waiting!)
There's weren't any clots in the blood no,it has slowed down to brownish red only when I wipe

To be totally honest i don't know what to think atm, part of me is saying don't get your hopes it it's a chemical but another part of me says there's a chance all is ok!
Time will tell I guess, I'll keep you posted xx

update: taken an IC this evening on 1 hour hold, lines getting slightly darker... very worried about ectopic pregnancy but dont have much knowledge of it, going to try and go to gp tomorrow

:flower:

just an update, test lines getting stronger, went to doctors today she said it seems like all is well and just keep an eye on things
being cautiously positive! :blush:
ovulated 9th of September so 4 weeks pregnant today!
:flower:

OH wow! COngrats CallMe!! That's great news!
:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->