Oh Man, how much does insomnia totally suck??

Emms76

Reaction score
:sleep:
I am sooooo tired, been awake on an off all night, think I have managed about 2 hours of broken sleep if I'm lucky and I've got work at 9am - Help!!! I'm just a big, fat moan!!:cry: Can anyone give me tried and tested (and hopefully successful) cures?? I am 30 weeks and 4 days pregnant.....I'm cold and alone at this time of the morning - my hubbs and little girl are sleeping peacefully upstairs, I am so jealous!!:hissy: Never been on any forums etc before and I'm totally new to this so all hints and tips would be most appreciated!! thanks ladies xxxxxxxx:hug:

I am sooooo tired, been awake on an off all night, think I have managed about 2 hours of broken sleep if I'm lucky and I've got work at 9am - Help!!! I'm just a big, fat moan!!:cry: Can anyone give me tried and tested (and hopefully successful) cures?? I am 30 weeks and 4 days pregnant.....I'm cold and alone at this time of the morning - my hubbs and little girl are sleeping peacefully upstairs, I am so jealous!!:hissy: Never been on any forums etc before and I'm totally new to this so all hints and tips would be most appreciated!! thanks ladies xxxxxxxx:hug:

Help!!!

Welcome to BnB! Sorry for your sleeping troubles!

I am trying to catch up on two nights of insomnia

welcome to BNB :friends:

Hi ya.

Sorry to hear about you're sleep troubles. I've had insomnia since the age of 7 so to hear that you're suffering to hun i feel for you. I will give you a few tips that have helped friends etc but remember that things don't work over night you may have to try the same thing for a few nights, week even for it to start working but you should know if it's going to after a couple of days anyway because you'll feel it.

1. make sure your warm enough and what your sleeping in doesn't get tied up around you in the night.
I've been waring long sleeved fitted cotton bottoms and jumpers because they stay in place and if my arms get exposed they stay warm.

2.try a soft pillow that your face just sinks into rather then pushing lumps and bumps all night. I have a feathered pillow so i can shape it to every which way i feel like sleeping.

3.try some extra pillows like 1 between your legs and 1 around your back.sometimes i like to cup 1 over my shoulder as i lay on my left side with my right leg over another.

4. heating blankets are wicked and there are some that are safe left on all night.

5.when you go to bed take a nice hot drink like ovaltine and start reading a peaceful book or watch a movie, films that you don't mind missing the end to so you don't try staying awake for it to finish.

6.If you've had a stressful day, near the time you want to go to bed. Go for a quiet walk on your own so you can relax your mind a bit, then when you get home a quiet bath or shower to add to it.

7.music can always help too as long as it chills you out and doesn't make you think to much as you need to rest your mind.

8.Sometimes i wake up hungry so keep that in mind too before you go to bed.cupper soups are grate with a slice of bread cos it just seems the right amount for the job.

9.Some nights are worse then others and on those nights just shove a load of warm cloths on and go for a walk to tier myself out abit, no matter what time it is either.
Then when i get back i have that cupper soup to warm me from the cold night and go back to bed. this may take me a hour to do to feel more like sleeping but works almost every time.

If there is anything else i can think of i will let you know but try some of those. hope they help you xXx

Hi there you can put a few drops of Lavender on a pillow its for insomnia I used it it does work..:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->