Oh my back!!

AsEn11

Reaction score
So I cant believe I complained in the 2nd tri about back problems..that was nothing!!
I am now 30w 2d and my back is killing me!! I get into bed and instantly am miserable any way I lay hurts and I toss and turn and moan and groan its awful and my poor OH..but I get over feeling bad for him fast haha
I know it will only get worse but I am dying here how am I supposed to not sleep then work 6 days a week it is no fun..any advice ladies

Keeping an eye on this for good advice seeing as how I am in the exact same position as you! Would be good to see some tips!

im 36/37 weeks and let me tell u girl it does not get better it gets worse :/ I cry at night, but one of the gals told me to sleep on my left side with a pillow between my legs and that seemed to help at night, you could also take a bath.

I try to sleep in 100 positions with my Snoogle and other pillows and cant find any relief I take tylenol and use a heat pad I dont have a bath but we are putting one in soon so I will have to wait.
And I dont doubt it gets worse..I feel bad for complaining now but need to vent somewhere :)

I have had sciatic nerve and back issues on and off this whole pregnancy, lucky for me my SIL is a physical therapist. Anyway, the thing I found that helps the most is what they call moist heat pads. You can just purchase one(she just sent it to me, so I have no idea where she got it from) but it's really just a bag filled with beads that you heat up in the microwave for a few minutes--apply and it has moisture in it. I am pretty sure you can make one too--if you wanna sew=) I believe you just fill it with rice or beans to hold the heat in. Here is a link for a DIY with a tube sock if you want to try it out before purchasing or spending a bunch of time making one.

https://www.spine-health.com/blog/how-make-your-own-gel-ice-pack-or-moist-heat-pack

I have had sciatic nerve and back issues on and off this whole pregnancy, lucky for me my SIL is a physical therapist. Anyway, the thing I found that helps the most is what they call moist heat pads. You can just purchase one(she just sent it to me, so I have no idea where she got it from) but it's really just a bag filled with beads that you heat up in the microwave for a few minutes--apply and it has moisture in it. I am pretty sure you can make one too--if you wanna sew=) I believe you just fill it with rice or beans to hold the heat in. Here is a link for a DIY with a tube sock if you want to try it out before purchasing or spending a bunch of time making one.

https://www.spine-health.com/blog/how-make-your-own-gel-ice-pack-or-moist-heat-pack

thank you..and you are so close lucky!!

Break out that bag of frozen peas (or an ice pack, if you want to get fancy) for the first 48 hours after the pain sets in, and put it to use for 20 minutes a session, several sessions per day. After those two days are behind you, switch to 20-minute intervals with a heating pad. Localized cooling shuts down capillaries and reduces blood flow to the area, which helps ease the swelling Heat, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and increases circulation, bringing extra oxygen to the rescue.
Lower Back Pain

So sorry everyone is suffering from back pain, its terrible! I had pretty bad ones end of 1st trimester and some part of 2nd tri.
Here are things I found useful for me:
1. Hot/warm bath with 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil (instant relief for me)
2. Prenatal Yoga. I have been doing prenatal yoga 2-3 times per week, and back pain didnt bother me since I started at 22 weeks.

Hope it gets better for you ladies xxxx

You’re not alone!!!! I’m having pain in my back too.
I started trying the heat pad today and that gave some relief.
I also took a hot shower and sat on a stool cause I’m just so exhausted. Sleep has been awful for me, i try tons of positions with pillows and nothing works

I like PP idea to try pregnancy yoga. I did that last pregnancy but been so tired this time around. It’ll be worth a shot though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->