Oh my Jesus God. Help.

Kristin52

Reaction score
with this CONSTANT heartburn.
I've taken 4 tums within 30 minutes and need to watch that, because don't want too much calcium.

..please help, it's horrible some days.

:hugs: sorry Hun, if laying down, sometimes propping up helps. Milk helps me too but I know you're watching calcium!

:hugs: sorry Hun, if laying down, sometimes propping up helps. Milk helps me too but I know you're watching calcium!

I've tried milk, and I already am propped up. :wacko:
...all I ate was a nacho with a little bit of cheese, ONE nacho.
and water! ... it's getting ridiculous!

I have heartburn if I don't eat. I have heart burn if I do eat . I have heart burn if I drink water. I have heartburn if I drink soda! It is never ending it comes and it goes somedays I have it all day somedays not at all! Sorry no advice hear but I know what you are going through!

Bring it up to your doctor. Mine is always really bad also and I go through Tums like crazy.

I have terrible heartburn too, but suffered before pregnancy too, leaving me with ulcers. I am taking omeprazole but still need to take gaviscon on top some days. I think gaviscon advance will help you more than tums. My gastro consultant also said to eat small regular meals to keep acid at bay. If u get too uncomfortable ask your Dr to prescribe something for you xx

i live on rennies lol i think i need extra strength gavisgon or drink lots of milk / milkshake xx

Milk can actually make it worse due to the fat content and milk sugars. I had acid reflux prior to getting pg and had to stop my medication, and tums just makes me gag, so I sometimes rely on Mylanta or even Alka Selzter (they do make aspirin free versions). Mylanta works for me before bed when I don't need immediate relief but anticipate that I may have pain at night, and Alka Selzter helps when I am in very bad pain and need help right away. I don't do either often, and I still do take tums on occasion when I can stand to.

its funny because tums reduces stomach acidity but heartburn is mostly caused by an underactive stomach anyways so it would just make things worse imo

I feel your pain - I'm just starting to get this really bad too. I was up at 4am with it :(

Had it pretty bad with last pregnancy and the doctor prescribed Zantac which was brilliant, I'm going back for more :)

I feel your pain - I'm just starting to get this really bad too. I was up at 4am with it :(

Had it pretty bad with last pregnancy and the doctor prescribed Zantac which was brilliant, I'm going back for more :)

I have a MW appt tomorrow! with my stupid glucose test, ugh. :/
I'll mention it then.

The MW told me to take papaya tablets to prevent HB. Maybe you could try that and then maybe the Tums if you still get some.

I suffered from bad heartburn a few years ago and the best remedy I found was eating white rice. It soothes the stomach like no other thing I've tried. But if you are also having constipation, don't eat too much of it.

my acupuncturist also recommended papaye enzimes.

Zantac has been a lifesaver. My HB has been so bad that it causes me to vomit in the middle of the night if I skip one. Ask your doc!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->