Oh My Nipple- Second time moms/anyone...help :(

Surprised26

Reaction score
So I've been getting the "nipple crusties" since about 12 weeks. Typically I just scrub them off and move on, HOWEVER. It's like there is one that's stuck directly in the center of my nipple,embedded, it's white and I can see it, I just can get it out and it hurts like hell, what am I supposed to do about this? My nipple is throbbing in pain right now and google isn't telling me anything...

Wow I really have no idea. But I felt like I had to say SOMETHING. Have you tried peroxide? Maybe that will pull the white stuff out. I get little bits of soft white stuff but never had any stuck or crusty. Have you ever heard of bactine? It is an antiseptic and it will help with the pain as well as clean your nipple really well.

And whatever you do dont pick at it. You wouldnt want an infection there. Does it feel warm to the touch or have redness? You may want to show your ob next visit if you are still having the problem. But f it is warm to the touch or red (without you having picked at it) I would call doc and see what they suggest

Well, I'm horrible at not picking at it, but I will put some triple antibiotic on it just in case. Have left it alone for a while now and the pain is still there but it doesn't appear to be inflamed...I do have an appt Tues so if it's still bothering me I'll bring it up.

Be careful using triple antibiotic on it. You don't want it to trap any bacteria. Can you use alcohol or peroxide? That will help better than tao

Sounds painful! Have you tried soaking in the bath and seeing if it comes off then? Otherwise I'd give your midwife a call and see what they suggest.

Sounds like a milk blister? If you are able to pop it-I know, painful!-it should feel loads better. If not, I agree that you should have it looked at by your mw and see what they recommend.

Well, I took tweezers to it and did clear all the white out. Leaving my nipple looking like I'd stabbed a needle through it (Where I'm assuming the Milk will come out later). Cleaned it thoroughly with salt water and applied triple antibiotic cream to it. So far so good.

Oh ok. Does it feel alot better? And question.....was the white stuff hard or soft? Im wondering cause I get bits of white but it is always soft im concerned that it will harden now. There really isnt much there ever and always washes out when I use my wash cloth. Im interested to know what this was and how to prevent it because it really didnt seem like too much fun for you.

It feels much better now (unless I let the water jets from the shower get at it, youch!) I usually just get the soft white stuff that wipes off too, but it's like one piece just got stuck and dried out more than usual? that's the only way I can really describe it. I'm going to ask my ob about it on Tuesday.

Oh yeah the shower jets HURT!! They say not to let the shower head run on your breasts. Idk why tho. Have you gotten any colostrum in yet? I just read that it can come in before baby is born so I tried to express it and sure enough it was there.

If you have Vaseline petroleum jelly just apply it. It will soften it, remove it and heal the wound. Hope you can get it in ur country stores.

You really don't need to worry about picking the crusties off..... if they are loose and come off easily that is fine, otherwise just leave it alone!!!
You can also rub in some nipple cream (Lanosil or earth mama angel baby etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->