OH & Night feeds

nessajane

Reaction score
hey ladies,

So for those of you with OH that work, do they help you with the night feeds?

My OH has said hes more than willing too but i tend to hear the baby first and i think oh well im up now no point in waking OH to do it, so i do them.

Does your OH help out? xx

When Joseph was younger my OH would do the night feeds at the weekend and I would do them in the week x

Hey Honey,
Have to admit like you I do most of them myself. My Dh is really good though at doing the 7.00am feeds at the weekends, it doesn't sound like much but having just an hour in bed to myself and not having to sub-conciously keep an ear out is wonderful!!!
xx

we have a routine in our house, when Annabelle wakes in the night i change her bum, OH goes and gets the bottle, he comes back with bottles and goes back to bed and i feed munchkin.

silly routine but he wanted to feel like he was doing something and i hate going down stairs to the freezing cold kitchen lol

he does the night feed on weekend but im sat awake chatting to him most of the time so it would be just as easy to do it myself

Lou
xxx

kyles dad was great that way, he would insist on doing them half and half because as far as he was conserened we were both wakening up to do shifts in the morning :)

Stan actually insists on doing the night feeds so I can rest :D Although it's just once a night now, he also gets up to resettle her if she wakes up

Tom tried in the beginning, but like you I always woke first... and tbh, he is working so he needs his sleep.

When maddi used to wake at night james used to do all the night feeds and although she doesn't feed at night now, he still gets up to her if she fussy's etc. he also does the last feed at night and the morning one too. i'm very lucky as he works a very long - 52hour week x

Kurt started doing Ally's nightfeed and then all of a sudden he started sleeping through. Kurt reckons it's because Alasdair didn't like him doing it lol. I think it was just coincidence. Kurt only started doing it for me after he was at home for 2 weeks and we shared it. I think then he realised how tough it was for me to do everything and since at that point I was bfing in the day, it was an obvious option for him to do the night feed.

In the beginning because she was so new we both woke for the night feeds, pointless both of us being awake lol but we just were.

Now i do the night feeds and i leave him to sleep (he has to work, wheras i dont) and he gets up with her and does the morning feed so i can get another hours sleep in peace.

Works a treat for us

Yes my husband helps a lot when he is here (does night shifts) and although I mostly breastfeed if the baby ever needs a bottle hubby will usually do it whatever time of day or night. He's fab!

No, OH doesn't do any night feeds, but I'm BFing. I wouldn't expect him to though as he legally has to get 8 hours of unbroken sleep or he's not allowed to fly. I wish he would help with some things though.

My DH is wonderful! He takes most, if not all, of the night/early morning shifts. It's so hard for me to get up (I'm 19 and I'm not good with not enough sleep), my DH is 26 and it's easier for him to get up, though if he's that tired he'll ask me to get up, and I will. Biologically I need more sleep then him, but really I can't explain how tired I am at night/in the morning. If I don't get enough sleep I get a migraine for the day, and he really loves letting me sleep, he knows that I really appreciate it.

With Landon, since he was on formula, we agreed if it was before 3am he would get up and after I would, that way we both got atleast 4hrs straight sleep. With Casen and Hayden he got up in the beginning but I just sent him back to bed, I was nursing and there was no reason for him to get up..yeah he could change a diaper but if I was up anyways I didn't think there was a point in making him loose sleep since I had to be awake anyways

Pete does pretty well. Char is sleeping through the night pretty much. She wakes up around 6am and DH has to get us around 7 or so...he'll change her diaper and I'll feed her. She tends to sleep better if I'm the one who gives her that bubba anyway. On the weekend though...it's alllllllll him!

we have a routine in our house, when Annabelle wakes in the night i change her bum, OH goes and gets the bottle, he comes back with bottles and goes back to bed and i feed munchkin.

silly routine but he wanted to feel like he was doing something and i hate going down stairs to the freezing cold kitchen lol

he does the night feed on weekend but im sat awake chatting to him most of the time so it would be just as easy to do it myself

Lou
xxx

We do exactly the same!! I'm bf, but Oliver has gaviscon, so OH gets that for me while I'm bf. At weekends, he gives him a bottle of breastmilk so I can sleep, but like you, I end up chatting to them!!!

we both used to get up but now he dnt wake till 6 so i get up thn as stew gets up for work and i feed him while stew gettin ready t go ti work. xx and then stew does the weekend early starts so i get layin lol xx

My hubby does the night nappy change and feed, i only occasionaly do it. He offered early on-as i struggle with little sleep and had baby blues to start with....i couldn't have got through it all without him. Elliot's only awake for half an hour now-so it isn't as bad. i sometimes do the nappy and then hubby will feed him for me.

keely.

I do all the night feeds but i prefer too, my OH works really long hours and more so now as im on maternity and we have a huge mortage and need the money so im more than happy to get up in the night. He gets 1 day off a week and on his day off he will get up and let me have an extra hour or two in bed :) XxX

She sleeps thru now but in the begining we would share the nightfeeds when OH was off but I would do them when he was working-he was really good at helping out but I when he was working I felt it should be me doing it as he works long shifts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->