OH & Night feeds

My OH does the night nappies, which is like one now, and I do the feeds - I'm bfing. He's pretty good, helps out as much as I ask and more.

i think your ohs are amazing.

we fight over this all of the time. usually at 3.30 in the morning.

take this morning. it was 3.30am. he asked me if i'd fed her yet, i said no. i said i've been up 5 time though (to be to the toilet, i've had this bug thing for 6 days now)he stomped downstairs and back up again. i asked why he was doing this. he said, ' out of the goodness of your heart i thought you might have fed her, seeing as though you can stay in bed to whatever time you like tomorrow.' (i'm off work ill with the aforementioned bug) i was seething. we're supposed to be taking it in turns when i'm at work, as she only wakes for one feed. i'd done the night before! i'm off ill, not on holiday. i tell you, i could've hit him in the face. he has no empathy for me, i wonder whther he has any feelings for me at all. (after he's fed her, i was awake or two more hours and went to the toilet 5 times.) i'm unreasonable huh?

sorry for hijacking your thread. but at least you all know that you have partners who understnad your needs, thank you rlucky stars they're not like mine.

My OH is excellent for the most part and shares in the baby related activities when possible even at night.

We've had our teething problems as well being first time parents and having different personalities and also when his work was giving him grief and he was grouchy at home as well. I didn't know who he was upset with...

But he's great... though I imagine more compromises, etc are coming once I start back at work in February.

I do consider myself lucky he is so good!! Good luck with yours!

I haven't had my LO yet, but my OH won't be getting up to do night feeds. I don't think it's fair because he works hard and needs his sleep, whereas I'm on mat leave. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->