OH Parents - rant

lov3hat3

Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2
Reaction score
I'm so annoyed (this could go on for a while). I know parents will be parents, and I know how irritating they can be because my mother can be fkin annoying. However shes kinda left me too it for a while which is nice because the way I see it I have a child who I have had for 2 years now, I work and make my own money, have my own things and i'm moving into mine and OHS flat on Tuesday. So I feel as though me and OH are responsible enough to make our OWN decisions. Now for a while now OH has been getting on at me about how I spend my money, even though im careful, we always have food on the table and Jamie has everything a 2 year old could possibly need. now fair enough we'll have things we will both have to pay for and I get he may worry about that. But now I know the real reason, because his parents keep having a go if he or I spend ANYTHING. Now while OH is like a father figure to Jamie he isn't his dad, so I feel as though his parents have no say when it comes to my child. He goes to nursery 3 days a week which I pay for, and they are telling him we should pull him out and let him go less. How am I meant to go to work to make money if I pull him out? and what has it got to do with them? I brought him a new bed last week for our new place and OH told them my mum brought it so they wouldn't get pissed off? AGAIN, WHAT HAS IT GOT TO DO WITH THEM . Then we came back with some stuff for the flat last night and shes like oh, they'll be no good take them back, I don't know that brand, get this brand.

OH: "Yeah ok, ill take them back tomorrow." Er what? do I get no say in it considering WE will be using it not her? then she found out we had cream carpet on the stairs and that was it. On and on and on. It just does my nut. Its only gonna get worse after xmas and we start getting stuff sorted for the baby. Me and OH get more then enough money between us to live comfortably and have a good life so I just don't see why they don't jog on. Soo annoying :growlmad:

I think it's great that they are taking you and your boy on as 'family' I say that bc I don't know many people that would but in with a child's upbringing whom isn't family. But I definitely think they are doing it in the wrong way!! I would be annoyed too!

Sometimes in life you just have to nod, agree and do the complete opposite thing :)

Typical in-laws! Ignore them. Youve got to make your own mistakes! If it makes you feel better ive got a 19month old little boy and ive had cream carpets all the way through my house for around 12months, they still look new :) Suck on that in-laws :L x

Have you tried letting them know they're out of line? Sit her down and tell her you know she means well, but you'd like to do this on your own, if you need her help you'll ask or something along those lines

Well OH told her yesterday that were not taking the stuff back because he likes it, which is probably the first time hes done the opposite. It just does my nut that because something is not a particular brand its all wrong because we HAVE to have the more expensive stuff. (even though they complain we spend money, makes sense!) So im happy OH actually did something he wanted for once :haha: I still feel kinda awkward around them so I wouldn't really wanna tell them, really. Ill always spend my money on my LO, weather they like it or not, hes basically the whole reason I go to work! :haha:

Oh my god haha, can't believe you're from Bournemouth, I'm from Southampton ;)
Sounds like we may have the same in laws.
I sympathise! Xxx.

Ignore them, we all seem to have them in laws lol xx

My OHs parents are the EXACT same. They've not bought one thing for the baby as of yet. They're the kind of people to leave everything til the last minute. When I started buying stuff around 14 weeks his mum would be like "why on earth are you buying things already, you've got sooo much time". She still days that now and I've got 5 weeks to go!! We decided to buy things a few at a time and tbh it's worked out so much better as we've not noticed the money going if that makes sense.

I got made redundant but I get Maternity allowance and OH works full time. His dad has made comments like "you're spending HIS money before he's even earned it". He tried to make it jokey but it really upsets me as it's OUR baby and do it's not like I'm buying myself new clothes with OHs wage!!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->