OH put on weight??

kirstybumx3

Mum to two boys, R&N
Reaction score
could it be true that some men gain pregnancy weight?
my OH is so very fit and doesn't usually carry an ounce of fat..
we haven't changed our diet, in fact if we have we are eating healthier..
but he has gained a bit of a podge on his stomach, its so cute!
I actually like it, it makes a change from the usual rock hard abs, but he hates it and doesn't understand where it has come from :shrug:

ive read online about partners gaining pregnancy weight but thought it was ridiculous and couldn't possibly be true, is it!? :wacko:

:flower:

U should of seen dh when we had dd2!! Lol granted he was staying home with dd threw that pregnancy but we would go to the store for his cravings! His belly was as big as mine I wish we could of took pic together lol

This time he has a very phyisical job but still getting a belly lol

OMG so true!! My husband did as well with our first and I guess my cooking didnt help once we got our own place, this was 9 years ago and we were 18. 20lbs later.. Ahhhh

My bf has gained enough weight since I'm pregnant that we've had to buy him bigger jeans and work pants!! SO YES it's possible!

Hahaha. Yeah, it's pretty common for both partners expecting a baby together to gain some weight. With our first, I gained 35 pounds and my partner gained 20! With this one, my partner has gained 18 pounds, and I've only gained 2 or 3 (being extremely strict with my diet and exercising). :dohh: Who's carrying the baby here?? lol

I don't put on much weight when pregnant, despite being a bit of a pig food-wise. Hubby helps me eat the extra rubbish I buy and ends up putting on the weight instead of me! :haha:

He also seems to have sympathy tiredness which is really fecking irritating! He's been "really tired" the last 3 days, even asking me to take Eva downstairs on sunday at 6am because he "needed a lie in"! I'm the one who's 37 weeks pregnant, not you, you idiot! Get over yourself! :growlmad:

My OH has put on a stone!! Not that it greatly shows - he's only 11 stone now

It's the stress, I know my DH has gained some just because he is so worried about me and the baby and how it will change the family dynamic... Me on the other hand, I have lost 24 pounds...stress does the opposite for me plus eating better and being overweight to begin with

that's pretty awesome!
i brought it up with OH, he wasn't impressed and said defensively 'are you saying ive got fat!?' and looked absolutely disgusted with me..
erm HELLO SUNSHINE, THATS WHAT YOUVE BEEN CALLING ME EVERYDAY OF MY DAMN PREGNANCY :haha:
i like it anyway :) hope it stays after pregnancy lol.... his not mine!! x

My Hubbie has put on a kilo or so, and it's all my fault for bringing home yummy cakes, ice cream etc that he has to eat. He has no will power so the only way he can not eat puddings is if we don't have them in the house - and right now I want pudding so he has it too!

Poor guy. But he's always been skinny as a rake so I actually think he looks healthier now.

My OH has :)

He's eating for the both of us, my appetite has only really increased when I'm in work, I hardly eat at home! OH has turned into an eating machine! We've had to buy him new work pants! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->