OH wont take suppliments what to do?

If you are both eating as healthy as you say you are, then there really should be no need for an extra multivitamin.. but I know that taking them is sometimes more for peace of mind! What about a chewable, or something that is part of a protein drink? I would personally be more worried that the drinking/smoking was setting things back, as opposed to the vitamins.

he has cut right down on the drinking he only has a couple of glasses of wine at the weekend but the smoking ugh he just started smoking in october because he is stressed but i really really hate the smoking i bearly sit with him in the evening as i cant bear to be sat in smoke he keeps on saying hes going to stop but we shall see i just wanted him to take somthing to counteract the smoking until he quits he probibly smokes about 10 a day eating and meal time is always a big deal my oh is bajan (from barbados) so he was brought up eating fish and rice and meat and i also love to cook (and eat lol) even when i get home from work at 9.30 at night i make sure i cook something full of goodness he drinks a ltre of fresh orange every day i just drink water and green tea and 1 coffee decaf in the morning so we do get alot of what we need through our diet.

Sorry to hear your OH's father is so unwell, I'm sure the stress is having repercussions on your attempts at TTC and most likely fuelling him to smoke. I see where his aversion to meds comes from..

You should make him smoke outside as there is no reason why his habit should impact on you. That way it becomes more of a chore for him and hopefully he will reduce the amount he smokes.

Regarding the vits, my oh takes the multivits and vit C (but he was taking those before we started ttc). Obviously your oh gets all the vit c he needs with the OJ! Not 100% sure on which are the best for ttc though - I should really look into that! x

ok quick update was sat watching somthing on tv with oh last night and ha said "i love to take our kids to see a show like this....i hope we can have kids............im scared it wont happen" so i stepped in to say well i did tell you that there is more to it than just having sex im doing alot to try and improve our chances so you could help to so he agreed that i will go n buy him some loose boxers a throw away all his others and he said if it stil doesnt work he will try some vits next cycle, just the fact that he engaged in conversation and i didnt even have to start the convo im really proud of him for that he has always been under false illusions that it will happen right away and said i was being silly trying to figure out my cycles and ov and takin vits now he understands why.
Thankyou all for the help

What you need to do is sit this guy down.

I've never heard that in all my life.

You need to print. Out all the positives of the guy taking vitamines then say "ok you show me the proof that vitamins cause heart problems" its purely just petty excuses.
Him taking the vitamines is not only to help improve fertility but it shows how much he wants to support his partner you should realy explain that you are trying your hardest and you really want him to be a complete part of this and put as much effort as you are putting into this!

my husband is so supportive and he is the one who decided to take vitamines.

I really think you both need to sit down. You get a bit emotional show how much this means to you.

It doesn't help that he still smokes and drinks. I realy think you need to have a propper word with him.

Trying to figure out how you can spike him lol won't solve the problem.

Its good you can tell he realy wants it when he got sad about af showing but at the same time he needs to show how much he wants this in actions not just saying it.

Even if he doesn't take any vitamins quiting smoking and drinking will help more!

Oops ha I'm abit late with my opinion there lol I'm happy for u :) hope he quits smokin n drinkin too :)

My hubby was a really heavy smoker and drinker. He quit cold turkey with both a month after we started because he realy wanted us to try with every chance of having good healthy good quality sperm!

I hope u get ur bfp soon!

Oops ha I'm abit late with my opinion there lol I'm happy for u :) hope he quits smokin n drinkin too :)

My hubby was a really heavy smoker and drinker. He quit cold turkey with both a month after we started because he realy wanted us to try with every chance of having good healthy good quality sperm!

I hope u get ur bfp soon!

thanks he did stop drinking about 8 months ago he only has 1 or 2 glasses of wine a week he started smoking about 6 months ago when his dad got very ill he has said he will quit and in the last week has cut down from 20 a day to 10 a day he is in a bad place at the min so i need to support him and the last thing he needs is me giving him a hard time but at the same time he has now realised that it was only adding more stress to his life cos now he is worried about not being able to have children as well as all the other issues going on right now,
as well as being my partner for 10 years we were frineds for 16years before that so i know him inside out he is my best friend its so hard to see him with so much worrie and sadness but knowing that getting a bfp will bring alot of happiness its the only thing i can help him with im not a doctor so cant make his dad better,
he has always been there for me and i know he would do anything for me as i would for him i guess we will just have to ride the waves and hope there is light at the end of the tunnel x

There will be light! Its good u both r supporting each other! :)

You also have to make sure your looking after ur self too ! Though it is stressful on the bloke it can alsp be really stressful and fustrating for us! I surely think sometimes "I'm young it should be happening by now what the hells wrong with me! " Lol so u have to makes sure ur maaking ur self feel good n happy too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->