OH's attitude towards pregnancy.

Izzie74

Reaction score
My oh just cannot see how exhausted and emotional I am. If he says you're pregnant not ill one more time...!

He already has children from a previous relationship, they weren't her first, so he cannot comprehend what it feels like for me to be this pregnant for the first time.

He hates the way my figure has changed and doesn't like to touch the bump or even cuddle me so much.

Now I hVe finished work and have six weeks to go I am making the most of it and resting while doing daily chores, but by the time he comes home from work, despite a nap I'm usually exhausted. He's there demanding a drink and turning his nose up at dinner.

Today is just a bad day I expect. He'll be in hols himself come Wednesday.

I just want him to be more interested in this baby, preparations and how scared I feel after a neonatal loss last time.

Thanks for reading my self pity rant. It feels good to share.

Anyone else despair of their oh sometimes?

Most definitely! My OHs laid back attitude does my head in sometimes.. I still have plenty of time left, but I try to explain in that time we need to get a new car, move house, buy all new furniture etc.. Plus gut our old house cause it's his original bachelor pad.. And he just tells me I'm over worrying! I think it's just men in general don't deal with anything until they have too:hugs:
I'm sure he doesn't hate the way your figure has changed, some men find it hard to get attached to the pregnancy like we do because they don't feel the movements and have that connection. Plus a lot of men feel scared they will hurt their unborn child so might be why he isn't that hands on.
Try talking to him maybe? If you haven't already tried that but I'm sure once the baby is here and he sees all the hard work you've done through the labour(and pregnancy) produce a beautiful child for you both it will all fall into place:flower:

I read that guys tend to get more interested as the baby starts to make social cues later on (like smiling and laughing) I don't mean all men though! It doesn't mean he isn't interested in the baby, he probably just doesn't realize how hard it is to be pregnant with a little baby living inside of you. You are probably more bonded with the baby at this point, but give him time! My boyfriend thought it was "freaky" when the baby kicked me through the skin when I was pregnant. It would make him jump, he was a bit afraid of it! Now though, my boyfriend holds the baby all the time and it's a totally different story. Just give him time. Are you sure he doesn't like your figure? He might just be trying to be careful since you are pregnant. I didn't even barely cuddle eventually because it was too awkward in the 3rd trimester. I read that mums and dads bond with the baby at different rates. I'm sure everything will be okay :) As for him demanding dinner, maybe just ask him to make his own for a bit since it's hard for you. I didn't make my boyfriend dinner at all at the 3rd trimester and just got lots of rest. If you make his dinner as a habit, he might be moody if you break the habit suddenly, but just let him know you need rest.

Oh the turning up the nose thing, don't you just want to smack him? lol. My OH did a lot of these things, though he seems to think it's the end of the world when he's feeling ill, yet when I am I'm "being dramatic."

Although luckily in my case, he's be come a bit more understanding now that I'm waddling around with this big belly and whimpering lol.

God he sounds like an arse! Hopefully he will come round soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->