OK so your opinions please

mrsdcooper

Mummy to Hermione
Reaction score
we had a consultation with the paedotritian (SP) today with regards to Hermiones reflux. they confirmed it is indeed reflux but suggested that we are over feeding her, which confused me as they said her weight gain is perfect???

He has suggested that how we feed her is incorrect and to change it, although we think her reflux is better and she is happier this way. our current feeding is upto 60z 5 times a day at 3 hour intervals, she goes to bed at 7 and doesnt wait til 6.30am she seems happy

HE suggestes: feeding 4oz 6times a day (inc through the night- 11pm and 3am)

what do you think, do what he said or stick with what system we have, and the sleeping through the night that she initiated not us. she is on anti sickness and is hardly sick now, has bad days now and then but as a whole is ok... is going through the night bad??? advice please

All I can say is that I thought my first born had reflux but actually it was because I was overfeeding her and she was throwing up the feeds because she was taking too much in one go (I was breastfeeding her fyi). Therefore I am inclined to agree with the doc but I can imagine that you aren't going to be that keen on the night feeds but on the other hand, if it means baby stops being sick and means she's off the anti sickness medicine then maybe give it a go. It won't be forever...promise!

Her weight gain is perfect and she is happy....stick to what your doing...thats my opinion

Yes, babies can be overfed and end up throwing up the extra. The problem with this is that is still acts the same way reflux does (burning the esophogus) and the meds help it because it covers up the burning.

Jasmine has reflux and was still puking when she was undereating, so we have begun weaning her earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->