Okay so,

mommyjuly2011

Waiting for Baby Girl!
Reaction score
Yesterday I see my mum for the first time in months, and she lets me know she DROPPED me from my insurance at 33 weeks pregnant! WTF! I asked her why and she didn't have a THING to say, she's awful, she only worries about herself and nobody else. So now, if I go into labor I am expecting HORRID hospital bills. How much do you think they would be???? I have also heard you don't get any medicine, is this true?:growlmad:

Oh dear. I am afraid I don't have any advice as I live in the UK. I hope it's not to expensive for you though xx

goodness me! i am in the uk too but know full well that she has dropped you in it!

i have heard other ladies from the states talking about government funded medical aid or something like that but to be honest i have no idea what i am talking about lol

i just didnt want to read and run, big higs to you and sorry you have been so badly let down, its not just the money is it it is everything that goes with it :(

You should be able to get medicare since your in the US and you currently are pregnant without insurance. The insurance will be good for you for like six weeks after you give birth and until I think the baby is 1 year.

You need to look into getting a private policy or finding a government program ASAP. Does your current employer offer a policy? I wouldn't even consider paying for a hospital stay out of pocket. It could easily run into the thousands, especially if you have any type of complication during labor or delivery.

You will qualify for Medicaid. I have it, but here NC, it's just pregnancy medicaid, and only good for pregnancy related issues and such. Like my insulin and blood pressure meds are covered, because without them the baby is in danger. After I give birth, I will be able to apply for regular medicaid, if I cooperate with child support. You can have the medicines and delivery services even if you don't have any insurance at all, because it is illegal to deny you those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->