Old age question...

baby D

Joshua and Amelia x
Reaction score
can you or can you not get pregnant on your period??? Debate OH and I are having :dohh:

If it's actually a menstrual period (and not mid-cycle bleeding), then no, it's not likely to get pregnant on your period. Considering most sperm only live 3 days (though some last up to 5 days) and an egg only lives 12ish hours and an egg is released 12-16 days before your next menstrual cycle, you'd have to have REALLY short cycles for sperm to survive from menstruation until ovulation. If you had sex on day 5 of your period and ovulate on or before day 10 of a 24 day cycle and your uterus is alkaline enough to allow sperm to live a full five days, there's a SLIGHT chance that enough sperm would survive in the fallopian tubes to fertilize the egg....but I wouldn't consider it to be likely to say yes, you can get pregnant during your period. So, in a way, you're both right in my opinion. In an AVERAGE cycle with AVERAGE sperm lasting only 3 days and an AVERAGE ovulation day of CD14, no, you can't get pregnant by having sex during an AVERAGE 5 day menstruation.

Yes, it is possible to get pregnant from intercourse during your period, though highly unlikely.

Really your cycle has to be F-ed up to be able to get pg on you period! lol if you average the answer is no.

Back in her day, my mom had unprotected sex on the last day of her period convinced she was safe (and she's a nurse). It was the only time that cycle she got it on. Lo and behold, she got pregnant from that. Although possible, it is highly unlikely. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->