Old Wives Tales about Acne in Pregnancy

Mynx

Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!
Reaction score
Hey all :)

I just wondered how true the old wives tales about gender and symptoms are?
For example, people have been telling me that because my skin is completely clear (no spots/zits - not one!) it means I'm having a boy. I found this interesting as when I was pregnant with my daughter I had major acne breakouts!

I thought this would be interesting to find out how true the old wives tale really is so if you ladies wouldnt mind taking part in the poll, I'd be grateful :)

:hug:

I very rarely got any spots when i was pregnant with my daughter but got them everywhere when i was pregnant with my son. So that theory doesnt work for me!

This time i seem to have a new spot just about everyday!!

Truly saying i don't believe in any of the old wifes tales. Out of 100000 there are I bet at least one will be right for you, so people assume that they work... But they don't.

If I were listening to those with my first I would be buying girl's stuff right from the beginning and my son would be called Elizabeth:rofl::rofl::rofl:

well ive suddenly come out in tons of spots all over the backs of my shoulders (its AWFUL!!!) and im having a girl.

i got spots right at the end on my first pregnancy (had miss bop) but put that down to being really anemic, my friend had terrible acne and she had a boy,
having a girl this time round and no spots yet touch wood lol

You know mine already but no acne and a beautiful little princess :) I too heard that girls stole your looks but seems to be all tosh xXx

gave birth to 2 girls and no spots in either, guess i'm lucky !!!

I have developed a patch of rosacea (red, dry and spotty) on one cheek since I've been pregnant - never had anything like that before. Mind, I have generally very clear skin anyway and the rest is fine, it's just this one patch. Odd. I'm having a boy.

Hmmm well i have gotten terrible acne since being pregnant, don't know if I am having a boy or girl though so I am not much help lol

I didn't have acne in my pregnancy with my daughter, but I've always had really clear skin.

She has baby acne though, courtesy of my hormones :) haha

I'm having a boy.... and I have the shittiest skin ever. No acne though, just bumps, and spots, and my eczema is so gross right now!!! Bleh.

I am having horrible pimples (spots) and expecting a boy... they were severe with my DD as well.. so guess it is all hormonal and gender does not effect it much IMO...

I had really bad ache when i was pregnant with my girl and this time its not been so bad i've had the few odd ones though and im having a boy :) x

Im having a boy and have acne, I really don't believe in all these old wives tales, almost all of them says he should be a girl :rofl: 50/50 chance in the end. Take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->