Old wives tales for gender prediction - question

CapitalChick

Mommy to 1 and preggo!!!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I'm sure many of youhave seen all sorts of online quizzes that you fill in and they guess what you're having. They're always based on old wives tales. There's this one question that keep coming up in the quizzes that I totally don't understand....Can you help me figure it out??

The question is: Does you pillow face north or south?

What does that even mean?? How do I figure out if my pillow faces north or south???

This is the one i was always stumped on so nooooo idea lol sounds so daft surely it doesn't point any way. lol x

Errrrr havn't got a clue but would be interested to find out what it means!!!!!
My friend did the needle and thread test on me when I first found out and she was saying its never let her down and how she believes in it 100%, well she said i would have a boy, went for a private gender scan at 17 weeks and was told we are having a little girl, she is actually happy that her theory is wrong as she reckons it told her she was destined to have 3 boys :)

I put a few up in the pregnancy forum here and seemed 50 50 , couldnt come to a conclusion at all. :( I will have to wait to the end as we have no private scanning here and they wont tell. But I am going with boy still.

I always assumed it meant is the head of your bed facing north or south, but I might be wrong

It means which direction is your head pointing when you lay down to sleep. My pillow points north - it's on the north side of our house :)

hmmmm that is a tough one lol I assumed whether your bed was facing North or south too.

Lol bit stuck if your west then hun lol ..
Old wives tales allways wrong for my 3 lol . x .

LOL, I've always wondered this one too!!! Because there is 4 directions that it can face... the head of my bed is on the East Side of our house... So I have no idea!!

Just saw this thread and there is one we've been doing at work for the girls that have been pregnant here.

Its your age + the month you concieved = Odd is a girl even is a boy.

Seemed to work!!

:rofl: at the north and south! I couldnt figure that out either

i think it means where u place ur head on the pillow...like closer to the bottom or is ur head high on the pillow like north...i always sleep half off my pillow..but down wards...i hope that makes sense....

I was so 50/50 on the predictions...
I'm having a girl, though.

I always think you can tell by the shape of your bump and by gut instinct. worked for me anyway!

xxxx

Just saw this thread and there is one we've been doing at work for the girls that have been pregnant here.

Its your age + the month you concieved = Odd is a girl even is a boy.

Seemed to work!!

is tht age now, age at conception or age at birth????

I always assumed it was asking which way your bed faced. Having said this, I know the sex of my baby - have had LOTS of scans that have confirmed it, yet most online quizzes I do tell me I'm having a girl!

have you tried the chinese gender prediction? was right for me and my sis x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->