older children and ttc?

jalilma

Reaction score
I have 3 girls ages 16,13 and 10.. My stepson is 8. So they are all mostly self sufficient (when they want to be hahaha) my bf and I after much discussion decided we want a baby 'together'. Part of me is like "I must the 100% totally crazy for wanting to go back to diapers and sleepless nights " but the other part is like with so many older kids to help this having a baby around will be a breeze. It does help that my girls are TOTALLY stoked to have a squishy little one in the house to love on and help with... I'm sure their tune will change once the baby turns into a toddler! Anybody else in the same crazy boat with me?

My girls are 12.5 and 7. Not quite as old as yours, but I can understand where you're coming from. We weren't sure that we could even handle a third... We were very comfortable with our two (though I had been yearning for another for a while). But then, almost 2 years ago, we fell into a situation where a baby was almost literally dropped off at our doorstep. We ended up raising her for 8 months. When she left a year ago, we were pretty heartbroken. However, the experience left us with the knowledge that we actually could fit another little person into our lives. And yes, I found that with two big helpers things were a lot easier. (The stressful dynamics of our particular situation aside.) In any case, I don't think you're crazy at all. After all that, we decided to TTC six months ago, so I'm in the same boat. :D

Whew! We have only told a very few people we were even trying and 2 out of the 3 think we are nuts for wanting to "start over when the end is in sight"... So I'm glad I'm not alone! That's amazing of you to take in a baby and heart breaking that you had to give her up (although I'm assuming you did so so her birth parents could get in a better position to care for her). I admire you for that. This will be our second cycle but first actually 'planning' fingers crossed! Good luck to you also!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->