Olive oil

Padan1111

Reaction score
Hi there

I was wondering, I've seen a lot of people recommend olive oil for baby if it has dry skin rather than products. Do they actually mean olive oil, like I might use for food? Is it ok to just grab some olive oil from the supermarket and use that??

Confused :S

Thanks

yep its much better than the baby oils - i still use it on my son as he has very dry scalp and skin :)

you can use coconut oil from the grocery store for a lot if things too! I've been using it for stretch marks and plan to use it on my nipples and babys bum too :thumbup:

you can use coconut oil from the grocery store for a lot if things too! I've been using it for stretch marks and plan to use it on my nipples and babys bum too :thumbup:

Ohh I have coconut oil in my craft cupboard! Pre pregnancy I'd made it up into a body butter with a few other ingredients. The one I have is just solid coconut oil. What's it meant to be good for? :D

x

Coconut oil is very good for you, especially when it's in raw organic form.

Use it for dry skin, or spreading on toast! Healthy!

Ohh I have coconut oil in my craft cupboard! Pre pregnancy I'd made it up into a body butter with a few other ingredients. The one I have is just solid coconut oil. What's it meant to be good for? :D

x

Yes, that's the kind I use! Check this out https://blogs.babycenter.com/life_and_home/11232012-21-mom-baby-friendly-uses-coconut-oil/

Yes, it is food grade oil. In fact in Wilkinsons they sell olive oil in the baby section! :thumbup: I used it with DS1 and it works great.

Olive oil is great for cradle cap! :)

Coconut oil is great for thrush :thumbup:

Olive oil is widely used but is less easily absorbed, potentially pore blocking (can aggravate 'baby acne' and eczema) and goes rancid more easily than other oils because of this most special care baby units don't advise it for use on babies and some dermatologists advise against using it for skin care at least on its own. We use coconut oil it's fantastic and olive oil soap as the process of making it into soap cancels out some of the negative aspects xx

^^ my sons dermatoligist told me to use olive oil for my sons eczema x

Yes, that's the kind I use! Check this out https://blogs.babycenter.com/life_and_home/11232012-21-mom-baby-friendly-uses-coconut-oil/

Thank you for the link! I didn't realise there was so many uses for it! :D

Ox

Olive oil you have to be careful, a lot of the cheaper ones are cut with different kinds f cheaper oil to cut costs . You need to find pure extravirgin olive oil

Plus olive oil can go rancid (off) very easily when exposed to any type of temperature, even body temperature, whereas coconut oil has a very high smoke point and will not turn rancid even at very high temperatures. This is one reason why olive oil, particularly the extra virgin types is not advised for any type of cooking or frying any more where the oil is heated for more than a few seconds and at high temperatures. I only use it on salads, homous and stirred into pasta sauces etc at the end. Olive oil for moisturising is fine in blends, say with jojoba or almond oil or another oil but these tend to be better if they are mainly the other oil with a small amount of the olive oil :thumbup: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->