Olivia June Palmer, 31/12/08

WelshGirl

Mummy at last!!
Reaction score
Olivia is now 1 week old, so I thought it was about time I got on & wrote my birth story!!

So......I have been under consultant care throughout this pg, and the plan had been that I was to be induced on 2nd January (3 days early). I had to go in on 30th December for a sweep, as having this would increase the chances of the induction working. When the consultant did the sweep, we were all stunned to find out I was already 3cm dilated!! Because of this, the induction was brought forward to New Years Eve.

We went in at 8:30am on New Years Eve and I was already having contractions, and at 9:30, they attempted to break my waters - they didn't all go though, because of the way Olivia was lying. They got me hooked up on the Syntocin drip at 10am in order to encourage the contractions along, and by now, I was 5-6cm dilated.

I managed on gas & air, and at 1pm, was fully dilated & told I could push if that's what my body was telling me to do. After 30 mins of pushing, and not getting very far, the midwife realised that Olivia had turned back to back, which was making it harder.............and they called my consultant in, as they thought they may have to use the forceps as Olivia had got a bit stuck.

I had to have an episiotomy, and was allowed one more go at pushing her out on my own before they resorted to forceps, and thankfully, at 1:50pm, Olivia was born weighing 7lb 13oz. :cloud9:

We had a hell of a scare though, as she wasn't crying & the cord was wrapped around her neck twice, quite tightly............as some of you may know, my little boy was Stillborn last year due to an accident with his cord :cry:

But......after a tiny bit of oxygen, she was fine......still no crying, but perfectly healthy & happy :cloud9: Daddy had the first cuddle with her, as I had to get stitched up.

I think you'll all agree, she is the best New Year present ever :cloud9: Here she is, the day we got home from hospital

https://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q417/LisaJ82_photos/Olivia1.jpg

Awww gz, she is a cutie, and you seemed to have a straight forward birth also, well done

:hug::hug:

She is gorgeous and congratulations x

She is just lovelly. Congrats to mummy and daddy!xx

What big beautiful eyes! She's stunning! Congrats hon !
:hugs:

Aww congrats she is just beautiful :) What an amazing perfect gift on New Years :)

AHHHHH i love it! Im sorry it was so scary for you with the cord, but she looks so perfect, i bet you are so in love. I have said it 1000x over but congratulations, she really is beautiful. You did good mama :D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back