Olivia Lucie Sears Born 11/09/08 by emergency C Section!

xHx

Hayley, Mummy to Olivia
Reaction score
Well I have a rare 5 mins spare so thought I would post my story (a brief version!!)

Was booked for induction on the 8th Sept as the docs thought my baby was going to be big. Went to the hospital for 8pm, was hooked up to a machine to moniter :baby: heartbeat for about 2 hours (they forgot about me!!). All was OK but they were really busy on delivery suite so asked if I minded if they started the induction the following morning, I didn't mind so I went back home.

Arrived at the delivery suite the following day at 8am where I had the first prostin gel inserted. 6 hours went by....no progress so 2nd Prostin inserted. They then left me overnight in the delivery suite on a labour bed! (not very comfy) so I got NO sleep and just lay listening to other women giving birth all night!!

They inserted the 3rd gel at about 11.00am the next morning. 6 hours later and my cervix was stil unfavourable!!!!!! The midwife gave me a very severe internal in the hope that it would create some movement. Ouch!!!! They then moved me up to the ward so I could get some rest. At 4.30 the following morning (Thurs 11th september) my waters broke naturally...I was over the moon as I thought things were finally happening....I was wrong!!!!

They transferred me back to the delivery suite and hooked me up to a drip to start my contractions.....unfortunately :baby: didn't like the drip! Her heartbeat was dropping every time the contractions hit a certain strength. I had an epidural inserted but that didn't help. I had a full day of contractions and when it got to about 8.00pm a doctor gave me an examination. I was 1cm dilated!!!!! I was then classed as a non progressive labour. They made the decision to perform a C section at 9.00pm and Olivia was born at 10.06pm!!

I didn't enjoy the C Section very much and am stil recovering but am over the moon with my new daughter who is perfect!!!

Congrats to all the other mums who have had there little ones over the past couple of weeks and am sure I will be back on the forum when I am in more of a routine!!!

Lots a love!!

ah hun sorry u had a rough time i know what its like to end up with a c section so huge hugs.

but congtrast on the birth of olivia xxcx

I'm sorry the deliver was rough but congrats on your baby girl!

congratulations on your baby girls:)

Sorry you had a rough delivery but congrats on the birth of your little girl

xxx

Congratulations!! Sorry it wasnt a great birth but you have your little girl now :)

sorry you had to have a c-sec, but at least she arrived safely into the world! congratulations xxx

well done! congratz on your new daughter :)

Sorry your birth was rough but congrats on your little girl!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->