Olivia or Layla?

Diana5241

Reaction score
I *think* we've narrowed it down to two names:

Olivia Virginia
And
Layla Virginia / Leila Virginia

I prefer the spelling Leila, but want the pronunciation to be "Lay-la"...so is that spelling too confusing? :shrug:

Also, my only concern with Olivia is that it is SO popular right now. Has anyone had a popular name and disliked it?

Any feedback would be lovely!

Both are nice but Olivia is way too popular for my taste personally. My daughter is Lyla so I may be biased :)

Olivia is nice and is ohs favourite but I agree its too popular for me x

Olivia is nice and is ohs favourite but I agree its too popular for me x

I would go for leila but pronounced lee-la which doesnt really help you

Layla, more unusual than Olivia! Its very common in the uk,not sure about where you are! Think its just been knocked off our top spot!

I didn't realise Olivia was so popular! I much prefer it.

MUCH prefer Leila, but would be prepared for people pronouncing it as Lie-luh (which I also adore)

I don't think Olivia is extremely popular. I'm a teacher and taught one Olivia about five years ago. I don't think there are any students named Olivia currently in our school.

I voted for it because it is a pretty name.

I know 1 Olivia who is 20 and 1 Layla who is 4 but they are both names ive heard at the park/soft play/nursery drop off etc...

thats part of why I prefer Leela... dont know anyone with Leela for a name

Thanks ladies. It gives me a lot to think about. Thank goodness we have more time to decide!!

I prefer Layla. Olivia is very popular in the UK and has been in the top 10 for a number of years now. Looking on the google it's the same in the US too, obviously some names are more or less popular in certain areas though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->