Olivia's hurried entry into the world!

Leanne27

Mum to Olivia & Isla & TTC no 3 with new partner.
Reaction score
Right think its about time I wrote my birth story.. here goes.

I was 35+6 and had started to feel that bubs wasn't moving as much as she had been previously, so decided to 'pop' to the hospital to get checked out.

Anyway I arrived at the triage unit to get checked out and was hooked up to a heartrate monitor for bubs. About an hour later just as the MW was about to remove the monitor and send me home, Olivia's heartrate dropped to about 90 BPM from approx 140 BPM. It stayed that way for 6 mins so the next thing I knew alarms were going off and I was put in a wheelchair and whisked up to labour ward. As I arrived at the labour ward her heartrate was still down but went back up after a minute or two. It was then decided that I should remain overnight and spend most of the night hooked up to the monitor in case her heartrate dropped again. Anyway this happened a few more times in the night and then the next morning at approx 7.30am, her heartrate dropped to approx 60 BPM and stayed like that again for about 6 minutes. The MW's rushed to get a doctor and I was told 'get your partner here ASAP as we are going to do an emergency C-Section. I was in a panic at this point as I thought something awful was happening to my baby.

I was wheeled into theatre and given a cathetor and spinal drip. My OH had arrived by this point (about 8 minutes after I called him to tell him to get here!). Anyway they started to do the operation and I felt that something was not right as I was in a lot of pain. I could feel the sharpness of the cut and the pulling was just horrific. I remember screaming in pain and gripping onto OH's hand and turning my head the other way as it was so painful. They gave me something that would help with the pain but that only lasted for two minutes. Those two minutes though were amazing in comparison! They gave me another two minutes of this wonderful pain relief and then I was told I could not have any more as it was a temporary measure....I either had to cope with the pain or they were going to do a general. By this time by beautifil baby had been born and I remember not being able to look at her as my head was turned to the side due to the pain I was in. I decided to not go ahead with the general as by this time I was being stitched up and I really wanted to meet my baby daughter. I couldn't bear the thought of being put to sleep right then when I wasn't sure if she was ok. I felt all the stitching which lasted ages! The whole thing was honestly the worst experience of my life. I would however, go through it a million times over to have my beautiful baby girl.

The good news is, is that she was perfect. Small but perfectly formed. Olivia Penny-May Thatcher was born at about 8.15am weighing 5lb 3 oz.

Beautiful Girl!!! Thanks for sharing. Sorry your experience wasn't better though:hugs:

congrats shes beautiful, what an awful experience though! x

geez hope i dont experience pain in my c sect.How brave are you!! Congrats on your baby girl.Shes so cute!!!!

Congrats and thanks for sharing. I'm sorry you had such a tough time but glad she was worth it.

Sarah.xxx

She's gorgeous, congratulations. Sorry to read you had a tough time :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"