Omega 3 supplements

SamiraNChris

Hayden & expecting #2 :D
Reaction score
What supplements is everyone taking? i have just bought some sainsburys omega 3 tablets which are 1000mgs

Il just get the info of whats in them

Description
30 Omega 3 fish oils 1000mg food supplement capsules

Heart & mind!

Dietary Information
Contains fish

Ingredients
Fish Oil, Capsule Shell (Beef Gelatin, Glycerol), Triglycerides, Sunflower Lecithin.

Nutrition
Per capsule % based on GDA
EPA 180.0mg -
DHA 120.0mg

I wanted to get the pregnacare with omega 3 but i cant afford to spend 15 a month on tabs :( xx

I havent eaten any fish since conception and im now pooping it as not had any omega 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xx

Ya they're very expensive...am taking the pregnacare only because I didn't know what other ones to take and I think I'd get confused if I was taking a bunch of diff ones. You're not a fish eater? Neither am I really, try and force myself to have one portion a week but I take the supplement...omega that comes w/ Pregnacare. Am sure it will be fine as long as you're taking it now x

Be careful not to take too much omega 3, especially if it is not pregnancy approved vits, i read somewhere that it is dangerous to baby in large amounts, let me see if i can find the link!

Pregnacare with Omega 3 are only £7.99 delivered from Amazon :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vitabiotic...89AA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295873107&sr=8-1

Here is something about it, its something to do with high contcentrations of Vit A and birth defects so you have to get pregnancy approved or correct doeses etc :
"Omega-3 supplements are available but check to make sure that your supplements are not made from fish livers. The liver can contain high amounts of retinol vitamin A, which has been linked to birth defects. Omega-3 supplements not derived from fish livers but rather from the body of the fish are less likely to contain this type of vitamin A. If you would prefer to err on the side of caution, you can always look for supplements that are made specifically for pregnant women."

Source : https://www.pregnancy-info.net/omega3.html

Pregnacare is exspensice but usually on 3 for 2 at Boots in Uk :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->