Omeprazole

JWandBump

Reaction score
Anyone been on these for Heartburn? Im constantly suffering with heartburn :( I was about 4x a night with acid in my throat :cry:

Gaviscon/ Rennie or any over the counter stuff hasnt worked on me so far, Just made it 100x worse :(

Well the doctors just pescribed me these tables, Just wondering if they actually work? Anyone taken them before? Best time to take them? On the phone they said to me only take one when i need to but on the packet they say 1 per day :/

I used to take it before I was pregnant because I had awful heartburn before. I took it once a day before bed. It's not the type of medication that works in a short period of time, it's better to take it every day for prevention's sake. It really worked well for me. I stopped taking it after becoming pregnant because I wanted to see if something more mild worked. Zantac 75 twice a day has helped me a lot but I think I will have to go back to Omeprazole because the Zantac just isn't cutting it anymore!

Also - some people here might suggest milk. Milk only works temporarily. It actually encourages acid production in the long run, so I wouldn't use it to treat heartburn.

https://generalhealthtopics.com/milk-myth-414.html

I've been in Omeprazole since 2nd Tri and it has been a life saver! I take it everyday with my prenatal. I can definitely tell when I miss a day, I can feel my heartburn slowly creeping back in so I'm sure to never miss it! My heartburn was constant and terrible. Nothing would get rid of it.

Thank you, when do you take yours then? I haven't started yet and don't know whether to start tonight or tomorrow morning :/

Also how long did it take for the to kick in? X

I take mine in the mornings bc thats most convenient for my schedule. but I don't think it really makes a difference. I think as long as you try to take it around the same time everyday you should be good. :)

Oh and I'd say I started noticing relief the next day. Complete relief about a day and a half to 2 days later. No hint of heartburn at all as long as I take it daily.

My husband has been on these for year for acid reflux.

They definitely help.

he takes one before bed or before a heavy meal that contains the things that cause his pain.

Hope they work for you, heartburn is awful x

I've been on it for couple of years, I couldn't do without it, really helps me. I take mine first thing in morning before I eat xx

The MFM told me to take one everyday (but then I stopped getting heartburn, so never did start). They are a preventative and won't work if you take it when you start to get heartburn.

I take one (Losec) every morning and it works 95% of the time. I've been on them in all 4 pregnancies. I started taking it this time around 24 weeks.

I've been taking it for years and through both my pregnancies, I could not survive without it! I take 40 mg every night at bedtime :) Be careful though because taking antacids at the same time as some other medications can cause it or either the other meds to be ineffective.

i suffer with heart burn really bad and i take them and they work amazingly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->