OMG! He's here! UPDATED WITH PICS P3

New2Bumps

Mummy to 2 gorgeous boys
Reaction score
Some of you might remember I posted a thread Monday morning as my waters had broken early - 35+5.

Well, a huge hospital stay later baby Ethan Tyler Keeley is here - was born Wednesday 23rd at 7:47pm weighing a good 6lbs considering he was a month early! I can't believe he's here - Christmas baby when he should've been a January Garnet! I've totally bypassed Christmas and I can't believe I'm not pregnant any more!

Have been discharged from hospital this eve on tablets for high blood pressure and low iron and baby is in until Monday as he was jaundice and has to have meds incase of infection (standard procedure as my waters were broken for a while so early) but he's totally fine and perfect and healthy now and just waiting to come home :)

After a textbook pregnancy and a home water birth planned it's all a huge shock at the moment but in an amazing way and I'm so happy :)

Ended up given the pessary to induce me which worked it's magic and I dilated a cm an hour pretty much - at 4cm went to delivery and started on the gas and air (phew!) to 8cm then was told my bp was dangerously high (had been a problem since they admitted me and was on tablets for it despite having no bp probs throughout pregnancy) and I needed an epidural to bring down the bp otherwise I was at major risk of complications such as fitting!!! I felt a bit sad as I wanted to do the whole labour on gas and air but this was really not a choice so had the epi. I was surprised as I still felt the contractions (not really painful though...) but didnt' feel numb... just felt no pain. Was glad I'd gone to 8cm on my own otherwise I think I'd of felt cheated of labour! Had a syntocin drip to speed up contractions (as epi slowed them ) then about 4 hrs later was ready to push - an hour of pushing and baby arrived :)

It was an amazing experience.

It's gonna be a wierd month of Jan not being pregnant lol but I can't wait to get my baby boy home :)

GOOD LUCK GARNETS! and see you all in the baby club -will keep popping in to 3rd tri to keep an eye on you all!

xxx

Aww congrats, pleased to hear baby is well and will be home with you soon. well done xxx

Congrats another Garnet making an early appearance x

Wow what a christmas present and a great weight too so glad all is well congrats xx

Congrats hunny! These Garnet babies are coming thick and fast now. My one on the other hand is making no suggestions about moving!

Congratulations. I'm glad your both safe and well :)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->