OMG I got my BFP! and did everything Wrong!!

Congratulations hun, hope you have a very happy and healthy 9 months :) xx

Many congratulations Lalita! Enjoy your pregnancy!

What did you do wrong BTW? It's just that we who are hoping for a :bfp: soon want to know what to do!!! :rofl:

SS xx

Many congratulations Lalita! Enjoy your pregnancy!

What did you do wrong BTW? It's just that we who are hoping for a :bfp: soon want to know what to do!!! :rofl:

SS xx

Thanks ladies! There are a couple of reasons why I did things wrong!!

1) on CD4 I broke a bone in my hand and had a great big cast up to my elbow (passion killer!!) and was supposed to take co-codamol pain killers but didn't just in case as they are bad for baby (just as well really!) but this meant that sometimes I was a bit sore and not really in the mood.
2) didn't really eat properly as have trouble eating coz working a knife and fork with 1 hand is a challenge!! :rofl: I've been living on easy to eat things like pizza, curry and yoghurts (but I can't stand the sight of them now) again, not what a nutritionist is going to recommend!!
3) My Fertile time with EWCM was 2nd-7th Feb and my DH was in England from 2nd-7th Feb!! :cry: We BD'd 1st Feb and 7th Feb but obviously not in between and I am convinced I Ov on 5th as I had no EWCM on 7th at all!! Just goes to show some of those :spermy: can be determined to hang in there!!

I POAS on 13th coz I was home alone and bored and it was :bfn: but after continuing to feel funny and AF being late I tested again yesterday (partly also coz i was home alone and bored )and got :bfp: :happydance:

So as you can see I managed to conceive with very little BD-ing and none when I should have!! LOL!! I really dont recommend this method, this was pure luck!! I have to admit that I was utterly and completely convinced that this was going to be our lucky month up until I heard that my DH was going away for my fertile time so perhaps that PMA helped a bit. Also once I had decided that it wasn't going to be possible I stopped obsessing so much about pg signs. I completely ignored a heap of symptoms from sore breasts, nausea, going off food, heartburn, breathlessness from walking up a few stairs, lack of co-ordination at times and extreme tiredness!! I did however pick up on the mild crampy feeling and convinced myself that was AF! I've now found out that is normal in early pg.

I still haven't told DH but I know he's going to go on and on about his "super sperm" when he realises how much it was down to luck!!

Sorry for the essay!! I'm still all biz and on :cloud9: and dying to talk about this but I cant tell DH just yet, said to him did he want to talk about fun stuff this evening but he said he was still too stressed about his work thing and could it wait til that was over so I said fine!! its only another 62 hours til I get to!! YAY!!

Good Luck with your :bfp: I hope you get it soon!!

I still haven't told DH but I know he's going to go on and on about his "super sperm" when he realises how much it was down to luck!!

:rofl: super sperm! so amusing how men can preen and pretend it all depended on them and their swimmies!
congratulations! hope you have a h&h nine months ahead of you!

LOL! They are a gas about things like that aren't they!! If he goes on too much I'll tell him it was the milkman!! LOL! :rofl: that'll shut him up!!

I've managed to keep quiet about it for another day but I nearly broke this morning as he was trying to get me to clean out the cats while he was at work and I refused and it was a struggle to give him a good reason why not!! I just wont to do anything to risk my little bean!! But since he doesn't know that the bean is there he can't understand. In the end he gave in and said he would do it when he gets home as I am cooking a big dinner to cheer him up this evening.

Congratulations - great news! Let him think its all down to his high octane swimmers, men can be so predictable! xxx

Have you told him yet, have you told him? Fab, fab, fab news!! xx

Have you told him yet, have you told him? Fab, fab, fab news!! xx

I'm telling him tomorrow!! I can't wait!! He did his work thing today and that went really well so he is buzzing after that which is brill. I bought the digi today but I need to be careful to take it out of my handbag before I go to work tomorrow!! That would go down like a fart in a space suit in my team (there are 11 of us and I am the only female!). i need to start to gently preparing them somehow..........

I'm starting to get nervous about telling him as by the time I tell him I will have known for about 5 days!!! I'm hoping he wont be annoyed that I didn't tell him!!

I go to night classes on a Monday night and stay at my mum's as it is a long journey home fairly late on and my mum lives close to the college and 5 mins from my work so its handy for me and I get a bit of a lie in the next day!! :happydance:

I have exams next week and need a letter from the doc to explain why I will be running to the toilet every 50 mins or so!! LOL!! :rofl:

I'll post tomorrow to let you all know how it goes!!

Just posting this and getting all this support from you all has made me feel so much better as I think that I would have popped!!! LOL!!

Jx :hug:

Hi there!!

Thank you all for your really kind thoughts!! :hugs: :hugs:

I told my DH this evening and he was over the moon!! I told him that I had a present for him so when I got home I used a digi and then made him sit down on the sofa, close his eyes and I put it into his hands, I told him to open them and his eyes got HUGE!!! He's been walking about smiling away with misty eyes!! Its great!!! :happydance:

He had made a lovely dinner for me as a thank you for all my help when he was working on his work thing and had a glass of pear cider sitting for me which I couldn't have and also a chocolate/vanilla cheesecake which I dont think that I can have so I had to pass on that as well. He got me a lovely purple orchid which is now sitting in our living room looking pretty!

He's now sitting reading Emma's Diary with a goofy smile on his face!! He's now telling me all the things that I have to eat etc...... I was at the GP today and she was great, I've to go back in 4 weeks to see her for some blood tests etc and then 3 weeks after that I have my first appointment with the midwife and I'll get to see the little bean!! :hi: :crib:

I'm really happy and I can relax now and get all excited!! :cloud9: Just cant wait to meet :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->